6 bedroom detached house for saleThe Avenue, Bakewell
Sold STC £425,000
- £1000 BUYER'S INCENTIVE AVAILABLE ON THIS PROPERTY (subject to terms and conditions)
- *** GUIDE PRICE £425,000 - £450,000 ***
- Off road parking for 3 vehicles
- Lady Manners school catchment
- Ideal for dependent relative, holiday cottage or as B&B
- Spacious flexible family living accommodation
- Centrally positioned
- No upward chain
A substantial six bedroom Victorian residence with off road parking and easily managed gardens, centrally positioned in the popular market town of Bakewell, with attractive views across the park and countryside beyond. The property retains original period features alongside modern fittings.
A substantial six bedroom Victorian residence with off road parking and easily managed gardens, centrally positioned in the popular market town of Bakewell, with attractive views across the park and countryside beyond. The property retains original period features alongside modern fittings and the flexible accommodation is ideal as family home with self contained dependent relative annex, to provide income from holiday let or B&B. Well appointed close to an excellent range of local shops, cafes, country inns and amenities within Lady Manners school catchment, the property is within easy commutable distance of Sheffield, Chesterfield, Derby and Manchester, surrounded by stunning Peak Park countryside with easy access to local walks and cycle trails.
Front Entrance Hall
With radiator and picture rail.
Sitting Room 14' 1" into the recess x 12' 9" not including the bay ( 4.29m into the recess x 3.89m not including the bay )
A spacious dual aspect reception room with feature stone fireplace and ceramic hearth housing a decorative cast iron inset with open fire grate. With picture rail, cornicing, radiator, front aspect double glazed and secondary glazed bay window and further side facing sash window.
Dining Room 14' x 12' 5" into the recess ( 4.27m x 3.78m into the recess )
A formal dining room with front aspect double glazed sash window and further side facing sash window. With gritstone fireplace, radiator, picture rails and ceiling rose. Double doors open into:
With rear aspect double glazed window and staircase leading to the first floor.
Kitchen 20' 6" x 8' 10" maximum measurement ( 6.25m x 2.69m maximum measurement )
A fitted kitchen comprising a comprehensive range of wall, base and drawer units with pine doors and Belfast sink set in work surface with central pillar tap and tiled splashback. Space and plumbing for gas cooker with overhead extractor canopy, space for larder fridge freezer. With glazed display cabinets, front and side aspect double glazed windows, tiled floor and radiator.
With stone thralls, power and light.
Breakfast Room 15' 9" x 7' 3" ( 4.80m x 2.21m )
With double glazed French doors opening onto the paved seating terrace, tiled floor and radiator.
Comprising wall, base and drawer units, inset stainless steel sink set in work surface with tiled splashback, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer and fridge freezer. With tiled floor, radiator and a side entrance door leading to the driveway.
Comprising low flush WC and wash hand basin. With ladder style heated towel rail and side aspect double glazed opaque window.
First Floor Landing
With wooden balustrade, side facing double glazed opaque window and radiator. A further staircase continues to the second floor.
Bedroom Three / Study 9' 3" x 8' 10" ( 2.82m x 2.69m )
With front aspect double glazed window enjoying views across the park and radiator.
Bedroom One 14' into the recess x 12' 1" ( 4.27m into the recess x 3.68m )
A dual aspect double bedroom with front and side facing double glazed sash windows enjoying picturesque views across the town and park towards the surrounding countryside. With picture rail, ceiling cornice and radiator.
Ensuite Shower Room
Comprising shower enclosure with glazed screen and overhead shower and pedestal wash hand basin. With tiled walls and floor, ladder style heated towel rail and side aspect double glazed opaque window.
Bedroom Two 12' 10" x 13' 10" into the recess ( 3.91m x 4.22m into the recess )
A dual aspect double bedroom with picture rail, ceiling cornicing, rear and side aspect double glazed windows.
Comprising free standing bath, corner shower enclosure with glazed screen, low flush WC, bidet and pedestal wash hand basin. With tiled walls and floor, two ladder style heated towel rails and built in linen cupboard.
Second Floor Landing
With wooden balustrade and feature side aspect arch window.
Attic Room One 15' 11" x 12' 9" narrowing to 9' 2" ( 4.85m x 3.89m narrowing to 2.79m )
(measurements include the chimney breast)
A bedroom with Velux roof lights and double glazed window enjoying views across the surrounding countryside, radiator and under eaves storage.
Attic Room Two 15' 8" maximum measurement x 12' 8" maximum measurement ( 4.78m maximum measurement x 3.86m maximum measurement )
With two Velux roof lights and side aspect double glazed entrance door leading out onto a staircase, radiator, built in wardrobes providing hanging rail and storage and under eaves storage.
Comprising panelled bath, pedestal wash had basin and low flush WC. With Velux roof light.
The apartment may be accessed internally from the main house or a separate staircase leading from The Avenue. A double glazed entrance door opens into an:
With oak flooring.
Open Plan Living Space/kitchen 24' 5" x 13' 2" ( 7.44m x 4.01m )
An open plan living space with fitted kitchen comprising wall and base units with stainless sink set in work surface with tiled splashback. With integrated larder fridge and freezer, space for cooking appliances, two radiators, space for seating area and bedroom. There is plumbing provision for ensuite facilities.
Exterior And Gardens
The property is approached via a driveway providing off road parking, the enclosed walled gardens include gardens laid to lawn, planted beds and borders with water feature, meandering pathway and gravelled beds. With exterior lighting and water tap.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42317916.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK104219. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.