4 bedroom barn conversion for saleHigh Oaks, Marthwaite, Sedbergh, Cumbria, LA10
Offers in Region of
- Stunning location in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, and just 10 miles from the Lake District
- A delightful stone barn conversion in a private Hamlet
- Large open plan living/dining area
- Small garden PLUS a share of a meadow opposite the property
- Just 3 miles from the M6 junction 37
- A 20 minute drive to Oxenholme and West Coast trainline service
- Large modern kitchen with cream Shaker units and an Amtico floor
- Double glazing throughout
- 1 x modern bathroom with separate shower, PLUS separate shower room
- 3 x large double bedrooms and 1 x single bedroom PLUS small attic mezzanine room
- Recently filmed for BBC's Escape to the Country as 'the mystery house' -
This 4 bedroom barn conversion is located within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. It is within easy reach of the historic Market Town of Sedbergh (1 mile), Kendal and Kirkby Lonsdale (approx 7 miles away). It's just a few minutes drive to the M6, and approximately 20 minutes to Oxenholme on the West Coast Mainline with fast links to London and Scotland.
The property is situated in a private hamlet of just 10 homes in total. High Oaks was originally a farm that dates back to the 1700s. All of the properties in the hamlet started life as farm out buildings that have been beautifully converted into unusual homes. Each one is totally different. Because of the National Park location, no more properties can be built anywhere nearby. The hamlet is surrounded by stunning countryside and you can walk from the house along the Dales Way and up into the magnificent Howgill fells. The neighbours are very friendly and helpful.
The house has two allocated parking spaces, plus additional visitor parking in a small car park as you enter the hamlet. The house has a small, pretty walled garden and also enjoys a one-fifth share of a large communal garden where the property has a shed and wood store. This can be used for parties, or just to sit and enjoy the birdsong.
All the rooms are of a good size and it feels spacious.
This has been a very happy home, and would suit people looking for a rural idyll that's conveniently close to civilisation. It's currently occupied by a professional couple, but it would make an excellent family home (where children can play safely outside), or a holiday home investment.
Please see the many photographs that accompany this listing and the indicative floor plan for further detail. To fully appreciate this property please arrange a viewing appointment which you can do 24/7 by clicking on the contact link provided.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42344751.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference q8a-je5q. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Emoov, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.