Land for saleBlue Hill & Red Bank Wood, Ambleside, Cumbria
Guide Price 13.4 ac. | £60,000
- 13.5 acres (5.5 hectares)
- Delightful combination of mature and young deciduous woodland on the easterly periphery of Ambleside.
- Mature oak, ash and beech.
- Young woodland area ready for first thinning.
- Picturesque former quarry including waterfall.
- Stunning views over Ambleside and Lake Windermere towards the fells.
- Ground flora including Bluebells.
- With the benefit of a finalised Woodland Management Plan.
- Subject to rights for the public under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000.
- Abundance of wildlife, immense amenity value.
- Of interest to local land and property owners, investors and those wanting to acquire 'a piece' of the Lake District to enjoy.
A prominent, extremely appealing mixed woodland of high amenity value. Located south east of the town with superb westerly views. Oak, Ash Sycamore, Cherry, Birch and Beech. Subject to the Countryside Rights of Way Act. About 13.49 acres [5.46 hectares].
BLUE HILL AND RED BANK WOODS
About 13.49 acres [5.46 hectares]
As shown edged red on the Sale Plan.
Blue Hill and Red Bank Woods lie above Ambleside on the slopes of Wansfell. They contain a mixture of mature oak and ash, plus an area of young woodland planted in the 1980s and now ready for thinning.
Generally the woodlands slope upwards from the westerly boundary and toward the fell. The higher parts have fine views to the Lake District Fells.
A former quarry area with a fine natural waterfall is fringed with mature tree specimens.
There is a gated access track to the lower parts of the wood, and footpaths sloping up to the Fell.
The woodland is home to a variety of wildlife and large quantities of bluebells, making a fine display in the spring.
Blue Hill is the lower section with mature trees, with Red Bank Wood above, which has a mixture of hardwood trees, planted in mid 1980s.
Approaching Ambleside from the south turn right on to Old Lake Road. Take the third turning on your right, a very sharp turn on to Blue Hill Road. Continue to the top and park near to Stone Croft. Continue along Blue Hill Road to reach the woodland.
Blue Hill and Red Bank Woods lie immediately to the east of Ambleside on the slopes of Wansfell, in the Lake District National Park. As shown edged red in the sale plan.
Natural water supply.
POSSESSION & COMPLETION
Vacant possession on completion.
COUNTRYSIDE AND RIGHTS OF WAY ACT
The woodland is subject to the Countryside & Rights of Way Act 2000, which dedicates the land as open access for the public.
WOODLAND MANAGEMENT PLAN
A copy of the Forestry Commission approved Woodland Management Plan is available on request.
The buyers will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all boundary walls and fences.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42364197.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN160222. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.