This property has been removed by the agent. It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market

View similar properties

2 bedroom retirement property for sale

Sefton Road, Heysham, Morecambe

Sold STC £90,000

Property Description

Key features

  • Forth floor 2 bed apartment
  • Over 55's Property
  • On site lift
  • Balcony
  • Gas central heating
  • Double glazing
  • 70% Ownership
  • EPC Rating B
  • Close to Morecambe town centre

Full description

This over 55’s property will stand out with its beautiful views across Morecambe Bay and balcony. Make sure you book your viewing to avoid disappointment.

Location - Mearsbeck apartments are located on Sefton Road and overlook Morecambe Bay. There are plenty of shops close by including a Tesco Express, West End surgery is also close by, and Morecambe town centre is only a short distance away. There are regular bus routes located on Heysham Road just minutes walk from the building, allowing easy access in and out of Morecambe and Lancaster. The Promenade provides some lovely peaceful walks and has been recently upgraded with seating added along the way.
Mearsbeck was built in 1987 as a retirement block. Places for People run the block and the apartments are sold on a 70% ownership basis to ensure that affordable accommodation is available on the sought after promenade. You do not pay a "rent" on the remaining 30% but there is of course a management charge which includes buildings insurance and upkeep.

Welcome To Mearsbeck - Positioned on the fourth floor the apartment is accessed via the on site passenger lift. There is plenty on offer from the picturesque views to the proximity to Morecambe town centre.

Built for the over 55s community, you can expect to find a cosy living space with the added benefit of balcony access. There are two bedrooms. Youll be happy to find out the boiler is maintained within your service charge.
This property must be viewed to be appreciated!

What We Love - "We love the balcony where you can sit out and enjoy the fresh air whilst admiring the picturesque sea views towards the lake district. A perfect spot to enjoy your morning coffee or watch the world famous sunsets"

The Living Space - Over looking the sea front, the living space has plenty to offer from lots of natural light to beautiful views. There is a balcony perfect for sitting out enjoying those light summer evenings. The modern kitchen has been fitted with plenty of cupboards and work surfaces, there is ample space for freestanding appliances. The gas combination boiler is located in the kitchen.

Bedrooms And Bathroom - The master bedroom, to the front of the property is a good size double room and has a light, neutral decor. Imagine waking up to the stunning sea views every morning! The second bedroom currently used as a dining room, offers a versatile space, easily accepting a single bed.
The bathroom has been finished to a good standard with a three piece suite and tiled walls.

Communal Areas - Externally the rear car park is communal but for the use of the residents of Mearsbeck. All communal areas and the lift are well maintained by the management company.

Extra Information - - Managed by Residential Management Group
- Service charge is £139.00 per month
- The service charge includes boiler maintenance, window replacement, buildings insurance and cleaning of communal areas.
- Free drying room next door.

More information from this agent

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)

Listing History

Added on Rightmove:
13 June 2016

Map & Street View

Disclaimer - Property reference 26322372. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by JD Gallagher Estate Agents , Morecambe. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.

* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by

Map data OpenStreetMap contributors.