5 bedroom link detached house for saleThe Manor House, Petty France, GL9
- Gracious, period features in every room
- Spacious rooms with gorgeous Georgian windows
- Beautiful gardens with breathtaking country views over open countryside
- Being within about 20 mins drive of the bustling city centres of Bath and Bristol
- The 'Wow' factor of the property
- The light and sunny aspect of the house, with the most astonishing sunsets over the walled gardens
- This is such a party house, fantastic rooms and plenty of accommodation
- The entrance hall which is big enough to hold a music recital (and my baby grand piano)
- The history of this house. Built for a prime minister, visited by Lord Wellington and others
- The sense of space and quality of life here - a brilliant place to bring up a family and entertain
Tenure: Share of Freehold
The Manor House, Petty France
A wonderful Georgian Cotswold Manor House built for British Prime Minister Jenkinson in 1800. The Manor House forms the major part of the property which is of great historic importance having been owned by the Duke of Beaufort and the poet Wordsworth’s family and more recently as a famous hotel visited by well known guests such as Anthony Hopkins, Hugh Grant and Emma Thompson, to name but a few.
Set on the edge of the beautiful Badminton Estate yet within a short drive of Bath and Bristol, the house is very well situated. The M4 is a five minute drive, there are rail links to London, the Midlands and West Country and the urban lifestyle, shopping and nightlife of
Bath and Bristol can be reached in around 20 minutes.
With its own country pub, Petty France is close to many local attractions including Highgrove, the home of the Prince of Wales, the world famous Westonbirt Arboretum and the many lovely local Cotswold towns and villages. There are excellent schools, country pubs, great restaurants and of course the lively town centres of Bristol and Bath.
With a wealth of period features, the house offers five spacious bedrooms, five bathrooms, three gracious reception rooms, gardens to the west with breathtaking views over open countryside and a gated, lawned entrance driveway. The spacious bright kitchen has fitted
cupboards with granite worktops, range cooker, double AEG oven and induction hob. Double doors lead through a conservatory to a lovingly stocked, lawned and walled garden.
Additional plot: Included in the sale is a separate, garden plot, which can be used for a variety of purposes such as tennis courts, vegetable gardens etc approx .3 acres
Please see the many photographs that accompany this listing and the indicative floor plan for further detail. To fully appreciate this property please arrange a viewing appointment which you can do 24/7 by clicking on the contact link provided.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42469392.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 8z5-4nze. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by eMoov.co.uk, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.