5 bedroom character property for saleCheadle Road, Alton, Stoke-On-Trent
Sold STC £425,000
- £1000 BUYER'S INCENTIVE AVAILABLE ON THIS PROPERTY (subject to terms and conditions)
- 19th Century Character Cottage
- Four / Five Double Bedrooms.
- Self Contained single storey ANNEXE.
- Detached Stone Built GARAGE and Driveway.
- NO UPWARD CHAIN.
*GUIDE PRICE £425,000-£435,000. A charming character COTTAGE in the sought after village of ALTON. The property is thought to date back to the19th Century & whilst it has undergone extensive refurbishment, the cottage still retains many original features.
A charming character cottage situated in the sought after village of Alton. The village is found in the county of Staffordshire and is located on the east side of the Churnet Valley and contains numerous buildings of Architectural interest those being the Round House, Alton Castle together with St. Peter's Church, the Moat House and of course Alton Towers. Alton is an ancient village it is one of the prettiest with dramatic hilly setting in the Churnet Valley having delightful walks, there are magnificent views of the Castle, which is not open to the public, with its dark gothic design giving a very romantic appeal of a fairytale castle. This village of Alton can also boast its own primary school together with village pubs and village hall, there are excellent high schools together with independent schools that are within this catchment area. The market town of Uttoxeter has the A50 which gives links to the M1 and M6 together with a local railway service, Uttoxeter also having excellent primary and high schools together with leisure facilities and local shopping.
Dining Hall 19' max x 13' 5" max ( 5.79m max x 4.09m max )
Door and sash window to front, stone fire place surround housing a multi fuel stove, slate floor, central heating radiator and dog leg staircase off to the first floor.
White suite comprising low flush w.c. wash hand basin, heated towel rail and extractor fan.
Sitting Room 18' 10" max x 12' 4" max ( 5.74m max x 3.76m max )
With sash window, original black lead stove and tiled hearth. Two central heating radiators.
Family Room 18' 7" x 10' 8" ( 5.66m x 3.25m )
Double glazed window to side and french doors leading to the rear garden.
Kitchen/diner 26' x 7' 7" max ( 7.92m x 2.31m max )
Fitted kitchen with a range of wall and base units, complimentary granite work surfaces and tiled splash backs. Stainless steel, one and a half sink and drainer. Range style electric cooker with eight ring gas hob and extractor hood over. Integral washer/dryer and dishwasher and plumbing for a large fridge/freezer. Three double glazed windows, ceramic tiled floor and central heating radiator. Door to WALK IN PANTRY with window to rear and access door to rear lobby.
Providing separate access to the self contained annexe and leading to
With cupboard units, plumbing for automatic washing machine and central heating radiator.
Window to rear, exposed beam and cupboard housing the gas fired central heating boiler. Recessed lighting.
Master Suite/ Bedroom One 13' 11" max x 12' 7" max ( 4.24m max x 3.84m max )
With vaulted ceiling having exposed beams and timbers. Victorian style cast iron feature fireplace. Sash window to front, spots and feature lighting and central heating radiator.
White suite comprising a double full body spa shower with curved screen, wash hand basin and low flush w.c. Mosaic tiled walls, tiled floor, recessed lighting, extractor fan and double glazed window to the rear.
Bedroom Two 13' 1" plus door recess x 10' 11" ( 3.99m plus door recess x 3.33m )
With vaulted ceiling, exposed beams and timbers, cast iron fireplace feature and sash window to front and central heating radiator.
White suite comprising a double full body spa shower with curved screen, wash hand basin and low flush w.c. Mosaic tiled walls, tiled floor, recesed lighting, extractor fan and double glazed window to the rear.
Bedroom Three 13' 5" x 11' 2" to front of wardrobes ( 4.09m x 3.40m to front of wardrobes )
Fitted wardrobes, cast iron fireplace feature, sash window to front and central heating radiator.
Bedroom Four 12' 1" x 8' ( 3.68m x 2.44m )
Window to rear, exposed beam, recessed lighting and central heating radiator.
With white suite comprising bath with power shower over and glazed screen, wash hand basin, low flush w.c. heated towel rail and double glazed window to rear. Tiled walls and floor and exposed beam.
To the front of the property is a block paved driveway providing ample parking. A pretty cottage garden with central stepped pathway, cast iron railings and pedestrian gate.
To the rear of the property is a private enclosed garden, mainly laid to lawn with mature borders
Stone built with up and over door power and light.
Self Contained Annexe
Single storey annexe with separate entrance ideal for dependant relative or as a holiday let.
Fitted Kitchen 9' 10" x 6' 3" ( 3.00m x 1.91m )
Lounge/diner Irregular Shaped Room 16' 2" max x 9' 11" max ( 4.93m max x 3.02m max )
Double Bedroom 12' 3" max x 11' 2" max ( 3.73m max x 3.40m max )
En-Suite Shower Room
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42539655.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ABN103394. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Ashbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.