Property for saleUnited Reformed church, The Croft, PENRUDDOCK, Penrith, Cumbria
Sold STC £25,000
- Former Grade II Listed Chapel
- Consent For Conversion To 1-Bed House
- Good Views
- Local Occupancy Restriction
Full descriptionAn interesting development opportunity of a former Chapel with consent for conversion to a one-bedroomed residential dwelling, situated in sought-after village location. Local Occupancy Restriction.
Local Occupancy Restriction
The dwellinghouse (s) hereby permitted shall not be occupied otherwise than by a Person with a Local Connection as his or her Only or Principal Home, or the widow or widower of such a person, and any dependents of such a person living with him or her.
The Occupant will supply to the Local Planning Authority (within 14 days of the Local Planning Authority's written request so to do) such information as the Authority may reasonably require in order to determine whether this condition is being observed.
In this condition the following definitions apply:-
'Person with a Local Connection' means an individual who before taking up occupation of the dwelling satisfies one of the following conditions:-
1. The Person has been continuously resident in the Locality for three years immediately prior to occupation; or
2. The Person has been in continuous employment in the Locality for at least the last 6 months and for a minimum of 16 hours per week immediately prior to occupation; or
3. The Person is a former resident who wishes to return to the Locality having completed a post-secondary (tertiary) education course within 12 months prior to occupation and who immediately prior to attending the course lived in the locality defined for at least three years; or
4. The Person is currently in the Armed Forces, in prison, in hospital or similar accommodation whose location is beyond their control, and immediately before moving to this type of accommodation lived in the Locality for at least three years; or
5. The Person needs to live in the Locality because they need substantial care from a relative who lives in the Locality, or because they need to provide substantial care to a relative who lives in the Locality. Substantial care means that identified as required by a medical doctor or relevant statutory support agency; or
6. The Person is a former resident who lived in the Locality for three years and then lived outside the Locality defined for social and/or economic reasons and is returning to live in the Locality defined within three years of the date of their departure.
Local Occupancy Restriction
Local Occupancy Restriction
'Locality' shall mean the administrative areas of Patterdale, Matterdale, Martindale, Barton and Hutton, and those parts of the civil parish of Dacre which lie within the Lake District National Park
An 'Only or Principal Home' is a dwellinghouse which is occupied continuously for a minimum period of six months in every twelve month period. For the avoidance of doubt the dwelling shall not be occupied as a second home or for holiday letting accommodation.
The obligations contained in this condition shall not be binding or enforceable against any mortgagee or any receiver appointed by such a mortgagee, or any person deriving title through such a mortgagee or receiver provided always that a successor in title of such a person will be bound by the obligations contained in this condition.
Reason: To ensure that the resulting accommodation is occupied by persons with a defined local need in order to comply with Policy CS18 and the accompanying Supplementary Planning Document on Housing Provision.
Penruddock lies in the very north of the Lake District National Park around 6 miles west of Penrith town centre, 5 miles form Junction 40 of the M6 and under 13 miles east of Keswick. The village supports a primary school, and public house, Penrith and Keswick cater well for everyday needs with varied shops, supermarkets, banks, secondary schools, sports/leisure facilities and a Main Line west coast railway station. For those wishing to commute, Carlisle and Kendal are both within comfortable driving distance.
Mains electricity connected; water supply not connected (supply available close by in road); strategy drawn up for provision of drainage.Please note: The mention of any appliances and/or services within these sales particulars does not imply that they are in full and efficient working order.
From Penrith take the A66 westward towards Keswick. Continue on the dual-carriageway after the first roundabout beside the Rheged Adventure Centre, past the turns for Stainton, Newbiggin, Dacre and Flusco, and then as the dual-carriageway finishes take the right turn for Penruddock. Proceed around the first left-hand and then turn left and the Chapel can be found a short distance along on the left hand side.
Property ref: 121_2232_3102069
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3102069. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Penrith Farmers & Kidds, Penrith. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.