3 bedroom cottage for saleWhittington Village, CHELTENHAM, Gloucestershire, GL54 4HB
- Detached Cotswold stone cottage offering a high degree of privacy
- Located within six miles of the heart of Regency Cheltenham
- Formal living room with log burner inset to cut stone fireplace
- Kitchen with an array of units and oil fired AGA
- Three double bedrooms, all with fitted wardrobes
- Master Bedroom offering conservatory leading to upper garden
- Gardens located over three levels to include a garden roof terrace
- Mature and landscaped gardens offering colour and maturity
- Overlooking open countryside and neighbouring paddocks
Located in the village of Whittington is this stone built three bedroom detached cottage that is offered to the market being tastefully decorated throughout using colours that are in sympathy with the age and character of the property. The village of Whittington sits to the east of Cheltenham with the heart of the Regency town being within 6 miles.
A picket gate leads you into the first of the three sections of private garden. This level is laid to paving and offers a wealth of colour and maturity with steps leading up to the two further levels. Entering into house the reception rooms include a living room with a log burner inset to a cut stone surround and a dining room. The kitchen offers an array of units plus an oil fired AGA. Final rooms to the ground floor include the utility room, integral garage and cloakroom.
Continue upstairs and the landing will lead you to the three double bedrooms. Each one of the bedrooms offers fitted wardrobes with the largest bedroom having an adjoining conservatory which leads onto the upper levels of the garden which includes a garden roof terrace. Finally the upstairs is completed by the family bathroom.
Step outside and the landscaped gardens are clear to see. The current owners have spent a considerable amount of time and effort to create this oasis of colour and maturity. There are a number of fruit trees to include apple and plum as well as strawberry and raspberry bushes and a vegetable garden. The total garden plot is 1/5 acre and overlooks open countryside and neighbouring paddocks.
11 Whittington is largely of modern construction and enjoys high ceilings and good-sized rooms. It is perfectly located for those who want easy access to Cheltenham as well as a rural setting on the edge of the Cotswolds. The proximity of the A40 is advantageous for commuters but in certain weather conditions the road can be heard from the garden.
The following points should also be noted:
*The garden is a major attraction, but is on 3 levels as it rises behind the house. Access to the main garden is via a metal staircase from the front garden, then across the raised terrace and up a side path. Alternatively it can be accessed through the conservatory which leads off Bedroom 1.
* The kitchen is a practical size and offers abundant storage. It has an Aga and cooker point and there is scope for adding built-in appliances such as dishwasher, freezer etc.
* The parking area outside the garage has space for up to 2 cars. Additionally, parking is generally available in a bay several yards away.
We hope that any future buyer, having studied the layout of the floor plan finds our home one that they would wish to live in and enjoy and welcome all serious interest.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42862131.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 147295. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Cheltenham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.