2 bedroom terraced house for salePurley Magna, Purley On Thames, Reading, RG8
- Elegant 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom mews house
- Exclusive secure gated environment
- 7 acres of glorious grounds with tennis court
- 15 minute walk to Tilehurst station
- Garage, no onward chain
- EPC Rating C. Pangbourne office
An elegant two bedroom mews house in an exclusive, secure gated environment of a magnificent Georgian Country House including 7 acres of glorious grounds with tennis court. Tilehurst station (frequent trains to Reading, Oxford and Paddington) is within 15 minutes' walk. No onward chain. EPC Rating C.
Purley Magna is an exquisitely restored Georgian mansion set in 7 acres of gated Parkland with landscaped gardens, rolling lawns and tennis court. The elevated situation gives beautiful views across the surrounding countryside and up the Thames valley towards Reading. Number 10 is one of a handful of mews houses built by T A Fisher in 2007 in the footprint of the old stable block and the period style elevations reflect this. Purley on Thames is a riverside village between Pangbourne and Reading with facilities all within a short walk or drive. Tilehurst railway station is about 10-15 minutes walk away and is just one stop form Reading with its frequent 25 minute non stop service to London Paddington, and J12 of the M4 is about three miles away. There is a large Waitrose in Tilehurst and Purley Magna lies near the Thames long distance footpath.
Entrance hall, cloakroom, sitting room with fireplace, well-fitted kitchen/dining room, master bedroom with large en suite bathroom, second double bedroom and family bathroom.
The beautiful and well-maintained grounds are a feature of Purley Magna, with rolling lawns, mature trees and areas both formal and informal in which to relax and get away from the bustle of modern-day living.
Immediately to the front of the house is a landscaped cobbled walled courtyard. To the rear, the property enjoys its own PRIVATE STONE TERRACE which back directly onto the communal grounds and over which there are lovely views.
There is also a single GARAGE with light and power, a communal outside water tap for car washing and plenty of residents' and visitors' PARKING.
LOCAL AUTHORITY and SERVICES
West Berkshire Council Council Tax Band E - £1,962.24 for 2016/17
All main services, gas central heating, double glazing
The kitchen comes fully equipped with oven/grill, hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and granite work surfaces.
There is networked wiring with programmable points in most rooms.
Electronic entrance gates with video entry system.
TENURE AND SERVICE CHARGE
1. There is a variable service charge payable for the upkeep of the exterior of the building and the communal grounds, currently £145.95 per month.
2. The annual ground rent is £100 payable to the Purley Magna Management Company Limited which owns the freehold to the property. As the Management Company is made up of the 14 owners/residents of Purley Magna, the owner of #10 holds a share of the freehold.
3. The property has the balance of a 999 year lease from 2007 but is owned on a SHARE OF FREEHOLD basis (see above).
Through our in house Conveyancing team, we can ensure ease and efficiency for a competitive, no-sale, no-fee quote. Ask us for a quote today.
These particulars are a general guide only. They do not form part of any contract. Services, systems and appliances have not been tested.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 139336. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Davis Tate, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.