1 bedroom cottage for saleThe Square, Aston, Bampton
Sold STC £225,000
- £1000 BUYER'S INCENTIVE AVAILABLE ON THIS PROPERTY (subject to terms and conditions)
- Period Property
- Village Location
- Large Master Bedroom
- Two Reception Rooms
- Cottage Garden
BURSTING WITH CHARM AND CHARACTER - This delightful cottage in a sought after village boasts many original features including an Inglenook style fireplace with stone hearth and log burner. The country cottage kitchen and bathroom have been modernised and the delightful garden all add to the charm.
Aston is a village about 4 miles south of Witney and 1 mile East of Bampton. The village is part of the civil parish of Aston, Cote, Shifford and Chimney. Until the 19th century Aston was a township in the ancient parish of Bampton and separated in 1866. Aston is best known for 'Aston Pottery' with a coffee and gift shop, a primary school, village shop, village hall and public house.
The neighbouring town of Witney provides a wide range of everyday shops including Waitrose and an excellent choice of schools. In addition, Bampton provides local amenities including a doctors surgery, butchers, bank and village shop.
Aston is situated on the edge of the Cotswolds, within easy reach of the main arterial routes of the M4 giving access to London and the West Country and the A40 with access to the M40 for both London and the Midlands. Mainline stations can be found at Swindon, Didcot and Oxford.
Kitchen 13' 3" max x 6' 11" max ( 4.04m max x 2.11m max )
Stable door to property and window to side aspect. Fitted with a range of wall and base cupboards with work surfaces over and a stainless steel one & a half sink and drainer unit. Part tiled. Electric oven and range style electric hob with cooker hood over, integrated fridge freezer, dishwasher and plumbing for washing machine. Quarry tiled floor. Door to dining room.
Dining Room 13' 1" max x 9' 2" max ( 3.99m max x 2.79m max )
Window to side aspect. Wooden floor. Down lights. Stable door to front and door to staircase. .
Lounge 13' 6" max x 12' 2" max ( 4.11m max x 3.71m max )
Window to side aspect. Inglenook fire place with log burner stove and stone hearth. Wooden floor, exposed beams and built in bookcase. Electric radiator.
Window to side and insulated loft space.
Bedroom 15' 8" max x 12' 6" max ( 4.78m max x 3.81m max )
Window to side aspect. Electric convection heater.
Fitted with a suite comprising wash hand basin, WC, bath with mixer taps and separate double shower cubicle with electric shower. Tiled to all water sensitive areas. Storage cupboard and airing cupboard. Vinyl flooring. Window to side aspect.
Garden to front of property with gated access. Patio and lawn with planted borders and bin area.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43012944.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WIT103229. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Allen & Harris, Witney. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.