Land for saleThe Manor House, 1 Holme Close, Sharnbrook, Beds, MK44
Offers in Excess of £900,000
- Substantial detached house with consent for new build
- 5,400 sq ft
- Residential area in picturesque village
- Eight miles north of Bedford town centre
A large, detached, stone built former Farmhouse originally constructed c.1815, extending to approximately 5,400 sq ft with seven bedrooms, a detached triple garage / workshop block and other out buildings, all on an ‘L’ shaped plot extending to c.0.5 acres. The property could be kept “as is” or redeveloped as per the planning consent.
The existing house fronts Home Close in the centre of the picturesque village of Sharnbrook which is eight miles north of Bedford Town centre. Bedford has a fast direct train service to London St Pancras and convenient access to the A421 which links the A1 to the M1 at junction 13 and Milton Keynes.
- Planning application reference 16/01039/FUL was approved by Bedford Borough Planning Committee on 13/07/2016.
- The planning permission is for the construction of a new dwelling in the rear garden and the sub division of the existing house into two dwellings.
- The new dwelling is a chalet style 3/4 bed dwelling of 148 sq m (1,593 sq ft).
- The two units created by the sub division of the existing house are a c3,550 sq ft 4 bed, 3 bath + sauna dwelling and a c1,850 sq ft 3 bed, 2 bath dwelling.
- Further potential exists subject to the necessary consents for the conversion of the existing garage block and the possible utilisation of the existing loft spaces.
- All available services are currently connected to the existing House.
- Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves with respect to availability and adequacy of supplies to serve the new dwellings.
Existing Wayleaves, Easements and Rights of Way:
An easement has been agreed with the owners of the driveway serving numbers 3 and 3A Home Close to enable the access driveway serving the proposed new property and unit 2 to be widened if required. Full details are available on request.
The property is to be sold subject to and with the benefit of all wayleaves, easements and rights of way whether or not mentioned in these details.
The land/property is available freehold.
Offers in excess of £900,000 are invited subject to contract.
Conditions of sale:
1. The site is to be sold freehold.
2. Contracts are to be exchanged within four weeks from receipt of contract documentation by the purchasers solicitors.
3. Legal completion is to take place within four weeks after exchange of contracts.
Viewings are strictly by prior appointment via Compass Land and Development - 01234 351577.
Compass Land & Development for themselves, and for the vendors of the property, whose agents they are, give notice that; (A) These particulars are produced in good faith, but are set out as a general guide only and do not constitute any part of a contract; (B) No person in the employment of Compass Land and Development has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty what so ever to the property July 2016. These details are presented subject to Contract and without prejudice.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43038627.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 185412S. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Compass , Bedford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.