1 bedroom terraced house for saleFarmers Close, Witney
Sold STC £195,000
- Quiet Cul-de-Sac Location
- Private Rear Garden
- Modernised Bathroom & Kitchen
- Allocated Parking
- Large Bedroom with Storage
A modernised and spacious home set in a small cu-de-sac location close to local shops and the town centre of Witney. The property has a sunny rear garden with patio area. To the front there is parking for two cars. Inside a modern kitchen a refurbished bathroom and a spacious bedroom with storage.
Witney is an attractive country town with good modern amenities and a bustling community life. There are fine buildings surrounding the ancient Buttercross and a twice weekly market. There are two major health centres with others on the periphery and an excellent choice of primary and secondary schools, including faith schools. Witney Lakes Resort has a golf course, health club and swimming pool and offers many other sporting activities and there is also a community leisure centre. The Woolgate Centre and Marriotts Walk provide an excellent variety of shops including Debenhams, Marks & Spencer, a Multi-Screen Cinema and many restaurants and food outlets. Public transport is available from outlying villages and from Witney to Oxford and onto London. Burford 7 miles, Oxford 13 miles, London 68 miles.
Witney has been famous for its woollen blankets since the Middle Ages. The water for the production of these blankets is drawn from the River Windrush, which was believed to be the secret of Witney's high quality blankets. Nowadays the blanket industry has gone but the old mill still remains and has been incorporated into a well designed housing development. Witney Market began in the Middle Ages. Thursday is the traditional market day but there is also a market on Saturday. The buttercross in the market square is so called because people from neighbouring towns would gather there to buy butter and eggs.
Lounge 13' 7" x 9' 5" ( 4.14m x 2.87m )
Door and window. Electric fireplace, television and telephone points. Stairs rising to first floor.
Kitchen 10' 2" x 6' 5" ( 3.10m x 1.96m )
Fitted with a range of wall and base cupboards with work surfaces over and a stainless steel sink & drainer unit. Electric cooker point, plumbing for washing machine and space for fridge. Tiled floor and under stairs cupboard. Front door.
Window to front and access to insulated loft space.
Window to rear aspect. Built in wardrobes, airing cupboards, heater and television point.
Fitted with a suite comprising WC, wash hand basin and bath with mixer taps and shower over. Tiled to water sensitive areas and tiled flooring. Window to front.
Patio area with borders.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43070934.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WIT103181. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Allen & Harris, Witney. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.