3 bedroom character property for saleHigh Street, Much Hadham
Sold STC £365,000
- Grade II Listed conversion
- Three bedrooms
- Character features
- Garage & parking
- Communal gardens
Character conversion situated within this highly regarded village. The property offers three bedrooms, garage and communal gardens plus an abundance of character features including fireplaces, wood paneling and ornate carving. CHAIN FREE!
Looking to own your own piece of history? This timber framed 15th century coaching inn, formally know as Ye Old Red Lion Hotel, has been thoughtfull converted and refurbished in private houses. The inn used to be a stopping point on the old road from London to Cambridge. The conversion still has many of the original features, including a carved wooden monk which legend says guarded a tudor staircase and tunnel connecting The Red Lion pub to St Andrews church, possibly built in the time of Oliver Cromwell as an escape route for the clergy.
Accommodation Comprises Of:
Part glazed door to side aspect. Wall mounted radiator, fitted carpet flooring, exposed beams and power points. Doors to lounge and step down to kitchen/diner and staircase rising to first floor landing.
Lounge 12' 1" x 17' 1" ( 3.68m x 5.21m )
Large sash window to front aspect with shutters. Original wood paneled walls, exposed floorboards, feature open fireplace, wall mounted radiator, exposed beams and power points.
Kitchen/diner 16' 3" x 15' 4" ( 4.95m x 4.67m )
Window and door to side aspect. Wall mounted radiator. Solid wooden bespoke kitchen with a range of wall and base units with solid wooden work surfaces over, incorporating a butler sink and mixer tap. Range cooker with extractor hood over, space for appliances, exposed beams, part tiled walls and tiled flooring, power points.
Fitted carpet flooring, exposed beams and door to cloakroom.
Small window to rear aspect. Low level wc and wall mounted wash hand basin. Wood paneled walls and vinyl flooring.
First Floor Landing
Stained glass window to rear aspect. Exposed beams and ornate wooden carving, wall mounted radiator, fitted carpet flooring, built-in storage cupboard, doors leading to bedrooms and bathroom.
Bedroom One 13' 7" max x 10' 5" ( 4.14m max x 3.18m )
Window to front aspect. Vanity wash hand basin, wall mounted radiator, walk-in wardrobe, exposed beams, power points and wooden flooring.
Bedroom Two 16' 2" max x 11' 5" max ( 4.93m max x 3.48m max )
Window to front aspect. Exposed beams and floorboards, fitted storage cupboard and built-in wardrobes, wall mounted radiator and power points.
Bedroom Three 9' 6" x 7' 8" ( 2.90m x 2.34m )
Window to rear aspect. Wall mounted radiator, fitted carpet flooring, exposed beams, airing cupboard, access to loft, built-in wardrobes and power points.
Bathroom 13' 7" x 10' 5" ( 4.14m x 3.18m )
Suite comprising of panel enclosed bath with wall mounted shower, low level w/c and pedestal wash hand basin. Wall mounted radiator, exposed beams, part tiled walls and wooden flooring.
Large cellar area.
Predominantly laid to lawn with mature trees and shrubs.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WRE104158. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Ware. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.