Detached house for saleHitcham Lane, Taplow, Berkshire, SL6
Sold STC £1,500,000
- Hall | Lounge| Dining room
- Kitchen/breakfast room | Study
- Master bedroom with en suite and dressing room
- Four further bedrooms all en suite
- Media room | Office | Store | Utility
- Plant room | Boot room | Cloakroom
- Outside: Triple garage & workshop
- Landscaped natural garden
- With stream, pond & waterfall
Taplow station 1 mile (Mainline station to London Paddington), Beaconsfield 6.7 miles (mainline station to London Marylebone), M4 (J7) 2 miles M40 (J2) 5 miles, Heathrow Airport 12 miles. Windsor 6.9 miles.
Occupying a prime secluded position neighbouring Huntswood Golf Course and formerly part of the Cliveden Stud, the site enjoys delightful rural views.
The location on the outskirts of Taplow provides access to both the M4 and M40, London Heathrow is directly accessible from the M4. Taplow station currently provides a direct mainline link to London Paddington and west towards Reading, in addition the Crossrail service will be available from 2019. Beaconsfield provides a high speed service to London Marylebone via the Chiltern Line.
Nearby a menities include the Cliveden national trust estate, redeveloped Bishop Centre and the river Thames. Sporting facilities are varied with golf at Temple, Stoke Park, Lambourne, Harleyford, Beaconsfield and Winter Hill, Rowing at Maidenhead rowing club, Numerous equestrian centres and racing at Windsor, Ascot and Newbury.
Hitchambury Farm offers an exceptionally rare opportunity to build an outstanding and innovative modern home designed by Seymour Smith architects. Consent for this 6,458ft2 (600m2) new 5 bedroom dwelling designed to Passivhaus standards has been granted under the exceptional country house planning rule; this results in a unique plot and opportunity to create what is a modern classic. The design will provide versatile open plan living in a building which blurs the boundaries between built form and the beautiful Buckinghamshire countryside.
The living areas on the upper floor will enjoy spectacular southerly views across the Thames Valley encompassing Windsor Castle, while the bedrooms located on the lower floor enjoy secluded views of the garden. The materials proposed for the elevations, green slate, oak and render aim to create a fluid transition from the house into its setting. To the rear of the house there is consent for a semi-buried 1076ft2 (100m2) triple garage and workshop.
The site is approached over a well screened 200m private drive from Hitcham Lane.
The landscape master plan harmonises the new buildings and landscaping with the existing screening of mature deciduous trees and established hedging.
General Remarks and Stipulations
Freehold with vacant possession on completion.
South Bucks District Council.
Strictly by appointment with Savills.
Fixtures and Fittings
All curtains, light fittings and garden statuary are expressly excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 6,458 sq ft
Acreage: 1.6 Acres
The property is situated to the north of Hitcham Lane. Hitcham Lane runs between the villages of Taplow and Burnham.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-43142580.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BCS150092. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Beaconsfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.