2 bedroom retirement property for saleChacombe House, Chacombe
- An exceptionally large & characterful retirement apartment
- Set in over 15 acres of beautiful parkland
- Very large open plan reception room with lovely views
- Modern re-fitted kitchen
- Two double bedrooms
- Elegant communal lounge Basement level store and laundry
- Use of care home restaurant
- Communal Car Parking
AN EXCEPTIONALLY LARGE AND CHARACTERFUL SECOND FLOOR RETIREMENT APARTMENT WITH LOVELY VIEW IN A CONVERTED COUNTRY HOUSE SET IN OVER 15 ACRES OF BEAUTIFUL PARKLAND.
Communal entrance hall with lift and stairs, hall, cloakroom, very large open plan reception room with lovely views, modern re-fitted kitchen, two double bedrooms, bathroom, oil ch, elegant communal lounge, basement level store and laundry, use of care home restaurant, views over communal ground and countryside, communal car parking.
<stylerun fontsize=20>£175,000 LEASEHOLD</stylerun>
Banbury 3 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 1.5 miles
Brackley 12 miles
Oxford 25 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 minutes
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 minutes
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 minutes
Directions - From Banbury town centre proceed in an easterly direction to junction 11 of the M40 motorway. Take the second exit onto the A361 to Daventry. After approximately 1 mile turn right where signposted to Chacombe and continue into the village. Upon entering the village take the first right hand turning where signposted to Chacombe Park. Follow the signs towards Chacombe House where car parking is available.
Situation - Situated in peaceful countryside approximately three miles Northeast of Banbury, Chacombe benefits from easy access to Junction 11 of the M40 motorway; facilitating travel to Birmingham and all points north, and south to Oxford and London. Banbury mainline station offers frequent trains to London and Birmingham. Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Northampton, and Milton Keynes all lie within a thirty mile radius.
Chacombe House lies within Chacombe Park, a purpose-built care centre set in over fifteen acres of parkland on the edge of Chacombe village near Banbury. Attractive walks, paved areas and extensive lawns overlooking the neighbouring 18 hole golf course provide a tranquil and relaxing environment.
A telephone entry system controls access to the shared ground floor entrance hall with lift, staircase, and comfortable residents' lounge; while a laundry containing washing machines and tumble dryers for the use of residents, and a box room with lockable storage for each apartment, are in the basement.
The Property - 9 CHACOMBE HOUSE is a particularly spacious second floor two bedroomed converted apartment within this lovely country house. It is full of character with beams throughout and there are lovely views over the grounds and countryside beyond. The main reception room is exceptional with two windows to enjoy the views from as well as a further large skylight, exposed beams and open access to the kitchen.
* Modern re-fitted kitchen with light coloured wood effect base and eye level units with chrome bar handles incorporating a built-in stainless steel oven, hob and extractor, integrated fridge, plumbing for dishwasher, work surfaces, exposed beams and extractor.
* Master bedroom with window to rear with delightful views over the gardens and countryside, radiator, door to built-in wardrobe, radiator, door to built-in wardrobe and separate built-in cupboard.
* Second bedroom with window to rear and lovely views, built-in wardrobe.
* Bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps, shower attachment and fully tiled surround, semi-recessed wash hand basin with cupboard under and WC, fitted storage, heated towel rail, extractor.
* Oil central heating via radiators which are screened.
* Excellent range of communal facilities including a delightful lounge on the ground floor with two impressive mullioned windows overlooking the grounds. Laundry and storage facility in the basement, lovely communal parkland style ground and communal parking. 24 hour emergency nurse call system. A minibus offers regular trips into Banbury and occasionally further afield.
Leasehold - The monthly service charge is £359.12. The ground rent is £10 per month. The apartment is held on a 125 year lease which commenced on 1st August 2003.
The managing company is Barchester and for any further enquiries contact John Kynock telephone 01463 246200.
Services - All mains services are connected with the exception of gas. The central heating cost is included within the service charge.
Local Authority - South Northants District Council. Council tax band E.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agents Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43215474.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26407684. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.