4 bedroom detached house for saleChase Lane, Haslemere, Surrey
Guide Price £1,200,000
Full descriptionEntrance hall, Drawing room, Dining room, Kitchen, Breakfast room, Cloakroom, Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, 3 further bedrooms, Shower room with separate WC
About 2.5 acres
Mandelyn is a delightful Rhodes family house with distinctive "eyebrow" rooflines above leaded light windows. The house was built in the 1930s by the renowned local builder and enjoys stunning views over National Trust land.
Particular features include:
- Delightful dual aspect drawing room with views from leaded windows over the garden and beyond to the local countryside and an open fire with decorative wooden mantle and marble surround.
- A dual aspect farmhouse kitchen with a range of timber units which opens on to the breakfast area with direct access to the garden.
- The particularly generous master bedroom benefits from wonderful views over neighbouring land, fitted wardrobes and an en-suite bathroom with separate walk-in shower. 3 further double bedrooms, shower room and separate cloakroom compliment the upstairs.
- Impressive views and a bright south westerly aspect over the particularly wide gardens and beyond to Valewood Park, Chase Valley Fields, Chase Woods and Blackdown National Trust land from all the principal rooms.
- Chase Lane is a prestigious no-through road in which Mandelyn enjoys a particularly private position not overlooked by any of the neighbouring properties and is just a mile from Haslemere town and mainline station.
- While the house has been well looked after, still containing the original doors and casement windows, it could benefit from refurbishment and updating and offers the potential to open the kitchen/breakfast room into the garage to create a stunning all-purpose triple aspect kitchen/breakfast/family room subject to the usual permissions.
Haslemere town centre 1 mile, Haslemere mainline station 1.4 miles (London Waterloo 53 minutes), Guildford 14 miles, London via the A3 43 miles.
(Distances and times approximate)
Mandelyn is approached via a tarmacadam driveway providing parking for several vehicles and leads to the integral garage and separate carport.
The gardens and extensive grounds are a particular feature of the property, a south-west facing sun terrace runs across the front of the house enjoying attractive views and providing a superb outdoor entertaining space.
There is a substantial area of woodland to the rear of the formal gardens, providing an idyllic natural habitat for a variety of wildlife and a source of fuel for winter log fires.
Integral garage with power and light,
Workshop with loft, window, power and light
Lawn tractor & trailer store with power and light
Greenhouse with power and light
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43292444.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HSL120216. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Haslemere. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.