2 bedroom character property for saleChurch Street, Empingham, Oakham
Sold STC £293,950
- Grade II listed part thatched cottage
- Believed to date back to approximately 1740
- Re-thatched in 2013
- Wealth of character and original features including an inglenook fireplace and exposed beams
- New Combi boiler fitted in 2013
- Light and airy with good ceiling heights
- Front and rear gardens
- Driveway providing off road parking and garage
A charming Grade II listed part thatched cottage believed to date back to approximately 1740. The former Ancaster Estate Cottage has spacious accommodation over 2 floors with a wealth of character and original features including inglenook fireplace and exposed beams.
A charming Grade II listed part thatched cottage situated in the sought after Rutland village of Empingham. Believed to date back to approximately 1740, the former Ancaster Estate Cottage has spacious accommodation over 2 floors with a wealth of character and original features including inglenook fireplace and exposed beams. The property has been improved by the current owners to include a re-thatch in 2013 and a new Combi boiler also fitted in 2013. Sawyers Cottage briefly comprises an entrance hall, utility /cloakroom, kitchen, open plan lounge / dining room, downstairs bedroom 2 and garden room. To the first floor is the master bedroom, dressing room and bathroom. The property also benefits from cottage style front and rear gardens and a driveway providing off road parking leading to garage.
Entrance Hall - 8'9" x 3'10"
Door to side aspect, radiator, feature window into sitting room and doors to:
Cloakroom / Utility Room - 6'7" x 8'4"
This room could be converted to a downstairs bathroom if required and is currently fitted with a two piece suite comprising a low level WC, pedestal wash hand basin, wood panelling to all walls, radiator, coving, plumbing for washing machine and window to side aspect.
Kitchen - 10'9" x 9'8"
A wonderfully light kitchen with large roof light providing natural light, fitted with a range of base and wall units with roll top work surfaces over, sink bowl drainer with mixer tap, tiled splashback, space for electric or gas oven, radiator, coving, door to rear lobby and open plan to:
Sitting / Dining Room - 13'3" x 20'8" (to back of fireplace)
A charming characterful room with a large inglenook fireplace with exposed stonework and flagstone hearth, exposed beams, radiator, windows to side and front aspect and door and stairs to first floor.
Rear Lobby - 4'4" x 2'6"
Coving and doors to:
Bedroom 2 - 6'8" x 10'10"
Window to rear aspect overlooking the garden, radiator and coving.
Garden Room - 10'10" x 10'10"
Sliding patio door to rear aspect giving access to the garden, radiator and coving.
First Floor Landing
Master Bedroom - 13'5" x 9'3"
Window to rear aspect overlooking the garden, radiator, loft access and door to:
Dressing Room - 8'9" x 5'0"
Window to rear aspect overlooking the garden, feature stained glass window and door to:
Bathroom - 6'7" x 8'8"
Fitted with a three piece suite comprising a panelled bath with tiled splashback, low level WC, pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel rail and feature stained glass window.
The property has a gorgeous well stocked cottage style garden to the front and a hard standing driveway to the side of the property giving access to garage. The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with a variety of shrubs and borders, mature plants and fruit trees, enclosed by fencing and stone walling.
Up and over door and power and lighting connected.
Empingham is a delightful conservation village in Rutland. It is situated in attractive undulating countryside about 1 mile to the east of Rutland Water, one of the largest inland lakes in the country. All local amenities are conveniently located at Stamford (5 miles) and the county market town of Oakham (6 miles). There is easy access to the north and south with the A1 Great North Road being 3 miles and rail connections from Peterborough, 18 miles, to London Kings Cross (approximately 50 minutes by train). Sporting facilities available in the area are the Cottesmore Hunt, golf at Greetham Valley and sailing and fishing at Rutland Water. There is an excellent range of schools throughout the area including Uppingham, Oakham, Oundle and Stamford. Prep Schools: Brooke Priory, Witham Hall, Stamford Junior School and Copthill Prep School.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43436373.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC100736. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Stamford Bath Row Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.