5 bedroom farm house for saleLeek Road, Waterhouses, Stoke-On-Trent
- Grade II* Listed Georgian Farmhouse, Many Original Features
- Approximately 0.52 Acre Plot (potential for further land)
- Three Reception Room, Five/Six Bedrooms
- Stunning Gardens
- Within the Peak District National park, Close to Market Towns of Ashbourne and Leek
This magnificent Grade II* Listed Georgian Farmhouse is located within the pleasant rural village of Waterhouses on the edge of the Peak District National Park. The stone built property retains many of it's original features and boasts beautiful gardens and has open fields to the rear.
Located in the rural village of Waterhouses this stone built Grade II * Listed Georgian Farmhouse retains many of it's original features and we strongly urge an internal viewing. In brief the living accommodation comprises; reception hallway with access to useable cellar, sitting room, formal dining room, open plan living kitchen with feature fireplace, rear lobby leading to the cloakroom and W/C and utility room. To the first floor the landing leads to three double bedrooms with en-suite facilities. The second floor landing leads to a further two double bedrooms with en-suite facilities and the games room/bedroom six. Outside the property is approached via a long gravel driveway and leads to the detached garage with up and over door. The front garden is mainly laid to lawn and has a wide range of shrubs and planting and is enclosed by a decorative stone wall and mature hedge. To the side there is a sizeable vegetable plot which has mature fruit trees, greenhouse and garden shed. To the rear there is an ornamental pond and paved patio seating area. Waterhouses is a quaint village which lies on the edge of the Peak District National Park and offers great walking and cycling around the Manifold Valley. The historic Markets Towns of Ashbourne and Leek are close by offering a wide range of shops and amenities and there is a country pub within the village.
Entrance door to front, quarry tiled floor, door leading to the double cellar with power and light, two radiators, doors leading to;
Sitting Room 16' 1" x 14' 8" ( 4.90m x 4.47m )
Panelled sash windows to the front and side, feature exposed beams to ceiling, cast iron feature fire surround , dado rail and two radiators.
Dining Room 16' 2" x 16' 1" max ( 4.93m x 4.90m max )
Feature panelled sash window to front with original wooden shutters, feature inglenook fireplace with stone mantle and hearth, quarry tiled floor, window to side and two radiators.
Flagstone flooring and solid wood doors leading to;
Having belfast sink unit, plumbing for washing machine and oil boiler.
Fitted with low level W/C and pedestal hand wash basin and radiator
Kitchen Area 10' 6" x 6' 10" ( 3.20m x 2.08m )
Fitted with a range of matching Farmhouse wall and base units, rolled edge working surface, one and a half bowl stainless steel sink and drainer unit, integrated electric oven with integrated electric hob, integrated dishwasher and integrated fridge, quarry tiled floor, part tiling to walls and panelled sash windows to side and rear.
Family Area 15' 10" x 12' 5" ( 4.83m x 3.78m )
Panelled sash window to rear, feature inglenook fireplace with decorative stone surround, solid fuel burning stove and tiled hearth, exposed beams to ceiling and two radiators.
Panelled sash window to front, solid wood flooring and doors leading to;
Bedroom One 16' x 16' 8" ( 4.88m x 5.08m )
Panelled sash window to front, two radiators and door leading to;
Fitted with fully tiled shower cubicle with shower, low level W/C, pedestal hand wash basin, extractor fan, part tiled walls and radiator.
Bedroom Two 16' 7" x 14' 8" ( 5.05m x 4.47m )
Panelled sash window to front and two radiators.
Fitted with fully tiled shower cubicle with shower, pedestal hand wash basin, low level W/C, radiator and extractor fan.
Bedroom Three 15' 8" x 13' 4" ( 4.78m x 4.06m )
Sash window to side and radiator
Fitted with a three piece suite comprising corner bath, low level W/C, sash window, feature beams to ceiling and radiator.
Second Floor Landing
Panlled sash window to front, solid wood flooring and doors leading to;
Bedroom Four 16' 5" x 14' 9" ( 5.00m x 4.50m )
Sash window to front, two radiators, feature exposed beams to ceiling.
Fitted with fully tiled shower cubicle with shower, low level W/C, pedestal hand wash basin, extractor fan and radiator.
Games Room 16' 1" x 16' 3" ( 4.90m x 4.95m )
Sash window to front, feature exposed brick and beams to ceiling and two radiators.
Bedroom Five 16' 8" x 13' 8" ( 5.08m x 4.17m )
Exposed Purlins, mullioned windowover looking open fields, two radiators.
White suite with panelled bath, w.c. and wash hand basin
Walk In Wardrobe
Outside the property is approached via a long gravel driveway and leads to the detached garage with up and over door. The front garden is mainly laid to lawn and has a wide range of shrubs and planting and is enclosed by a decorative stone wall and mature hedge. To the side there is a sizeable vegetable plot which has mature fruit trees, greenhouse and garden shed. To the rear there is an ornamental pond and paved patio seating area. The vendor has informed us there may be more land available.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ABN103447. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Ashbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.