4 bedroom character property for saleSydnope Hill, Darley Moor, Matlock
Guide Price £425,000
- *** GUIDE PRICE £425,000 - £475,000 ***
- No upward chain
- Delightful bespoke fitted kitchen with impressive four oven Aga
- Fabulous elevated views across the Derwent Valley
- Character features including a cast iron multi fuel stove
- Double garaging and generous off road parking
A well appointed 1850's detached four bedroom stone built residence sympathetically improved by the present owners with double garage, off road parking and easily managed enclosed gardens. Occupying an elevated position with superb far-reaching views across open countryside.
A well appointed 1850's detached four bedroom stone built residence sympathetically improved by the present owners with double garage, off road parking and easily managed enclosed gardens. Occupying an elevated position with superb far-reaching views across open countryside, the property retains its original charm and character alongside modern fittings, including gas fired central heating. The flexible accommodation comprises bespoke fitted kitchen with gas fired Aga and walk-in pantry, ground floor cloakroom, dining room, dual aspect sitting room with log burning stove and a separate snug with gas stove. At the first floor four double bedrooms, bathroom with shower and separate WC. The gardens include paved seating terraces, vegetable beds, fruit trees, herb gardens and solid fuel stores. Within easy commutable distance of Bakewell, Sheffield, Chesterfield and Matlock, the property is situated in a highly regarded school catchment.
Kitchen 18' 5" x 10' 9" ( 5.61m x 3.28m )
A timber door opens into the fitted kitchen comprising handmade oak base units and double Belfast sink set in an extensive granite work surface with matching breakfast bar. The focal point is the four oven Aga with hotplate and adjoining cabinet space for dishwasher, plus integrated fridge freezer. Additionally, there is a separate Smeg built in oven and grill with inset five ring gas hob. Feature chimney breast with exposed timber mantel and recessed LED spotlights above tiled splash back by local artist, Royce Wood. Integrated Baxi boiler providing hot water and central heating. Rear aspect double glazed window and quarry tiled floor.
With roll edge preparation surfaces above built in storage cupboards and drawers, rear aspect double glazed opaque window, recessed LED lighting, quarry tiled floor and space for further appliances.
Dining Room 15' x 7' 11" ( 4.57m x 2.41m )
A generous reception room with side aspect double glazed deep sill window and cupboard beneath. Quarry tiled floor and radiator.
Sitting Room 21' 6" x 13' 10" ( 6.55m x 4.22m )
A generously proportioned dual aspect sitting room with two double glazed front aspect windows enjoying picturesque views, exposed beams and television / satellite points. With feature rustic brick fireplace and timber mantel housing a cast iron multi-fuel stove, further side aspect double glazed window, recessed LED lighting and two radiators.
Snug 15' x 11' 8" maximum measurement ( 4.57m x 3.56m maximum measurement )
(including the staircase)
A separate reception room with front aspect stable style timber door, recessed LED lighting, front aspect, double glazed deep sill window overlooking the gardens and a feature stone fireplace housing a gas burning stove. With Stoneworks riven slate floor, two built in storage cupboards, two radiators, TV / satellite points and wi-fi. A solid oak staircase leads to the first floor.
Guests Cloakroom / Shower Room
Comprising fully tiled walk in Aqualisa shower cubicle with curtain rail, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush WC. With radiator, extractor fan, front aspect double glazed opaque window and quarry tiled floor. Built in utility cupboard providing space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and tumble dryer.
A glazed entrance door leads to the front gardens, quarry tiled floor, radiator and large built in cloak cupboard.
First Floor Landing
With doors opening into:
Bedroom One 13' 9" x 11' maximum measurements ( 4.19m x 3.35m maximum measurements )
A double bedroom with stripped pine flooring, two front aspect double glazed windows enjoying superb far reaching views and built in wardrobes. Recessed LED lighting and radiator.
Bedroom Two 11' 11" x 11' 7" narrowing to 9' 1" ( 3.63m x 3.53m narrowing to 2.77m )
A dual aspect double bedroom with side and rear aspect double glazed windows, stripped pine flooring, recessed LED lighting and radiator.
Bedroom Three 10' 1" x 9' ( 3.07m x 2.74m )
A double bedroom with front aspect double glazed window with radiator beneath, stripped pine flooring, feature fireplace, recessed LED lighting and built in storage cupboard.
Comprising panelled bath with overhead shower and pedestal wash hand basin. With partially tiled walls, water-resistant recessed LED lighting, built in linen cupboard housing the hot water tank and further built in storage cupboard.
Comprising low flush WC, bidet and part-tiled pedestal wash basin. With radiator, recessed LED lighting, rear aspect double glazed opaque window and partially tiled walls.
Bedroom Four 9' 5" x 8' 5" ( 2.87m x 2.57m )
A double bedroom with rear aspect double glazed window, built in cupboard, stripped pine flooring, recessed LED lighting and radiator.
Detached Stone Double Garage
With up and over doors, power and light.
Exterior And Gardens
The property is approached via a five bar gate leading to a gravel driveway providing off road parking for several vehicles. Stone steps descend to an enclosed paved courtyard terrace with automatic, energy efficient exterior lighting, vegetable beds, kitchen herb garden and enclosed log / coal stores with external water tap.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43634970.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK104315. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.