Retail Property (high street) for sale7 & 7a Wallgate
2,361 sq. ft.
- 2,361 sq ft (219 sq m)
- Well presented self contained retail unit (A5 consent) at ground floor with office and store room
- Well presented self contained 1st and 2nd floor offices - may suit conversion to residential use STPP
- Spacious office accommodation
- Popular location within Wigan town centre
- Close to Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate Railway Stations - excellent location for commuters
- Close to all Wigan town centre's amenities - shops, pubs, bars, restaurants, cafes etc
- May suit a number of uses STPP
The property is situated within Wigan Town Centre, occupying a good location close to the pedestrianised retail areas and within a short walking distance of Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate Railway Stations.
There are a number of pay and display car parking sites nearby offering competitive day rates or annual parking contracts.
The subject property comprises of a ground floor retail unit (with A5 use consent) together with office accommodation arranged over first and second floors.
The ground floor accommodation provides for a good sized eating area, large kitchen with appliances, two rooms that could be utilised as a store/office and one small store room. The property also provides for male and female WC’s, under stairs storage and a basement.
The office accommodation situated at first and second floors is also self-contained, consisting of well presented spacious office accommodation, which suit conversion to flats STPP. Previous occupiers of the upper floors have included a recruitment company and most recently a beauty clinic and treatment rooms.
The property is conveniently located nearby a number of town centre amenities, including Wigan Wallgate and Wigan North Western Railway Stations, which are within a short walk of the property.
In accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice, we have calculated the following Net Internal Areas:-
Ground Floor SQ M SQ FT
Food Takeaway 78.62 846
Ancillary Stores/Office 19.20 206
First Floor 55.70 600
Second Floor 65.90 709
TOTAL 219.42 2,361
Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected throughout with a gas supply (currently disconnect) and 3 phase electricity to the ground floor takeaway. No tests have been made of the service installations to ground floor level or appliances.
Ground Floor: £14,500 per annum
1st and 2nd Floors: £ 7,950 per annum
All rents are quoted exclusive of VAT, Business Rates, Utilities and any other statutory outgoings.
Ground Floor: assumed A5 - Hot Food Takeaway.
First & Second Floors: assumed B1 - Offices
May suit other uses, in particular the upper floors which may suit conversion to residential use STPP. The ground floor has A1 to A5 use consent.
Rateable Value: £17,250
Rates Payable: £ 8,573 (2016/2017)
1st and 2nd Floors
Rateable Value: £ 6,800
Rates Payable: £ 3,380 (2016/2017)
VAT may be applicable, and if so, will be charged at the prevailing rate.
Each party are to be responsible for their own legal costs involved in the transaction.
An EPC has been commissioned and a copy will be made available upon request.
Strictly by appointment with sole agents,
LAMB & SWIFT COMMERCIAL.
Contact: Danny Westwell, Andrew Kerr
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-43778442.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 181. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Lamb & Swift Commercial, Bolton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.