3 bedroom flat for saleIndia Street, Edinburgh, EH3
Sold STCM £490,000
A bright and spacious three bedroom second floor flat in immaculate condition with a superb open outlook forming part of a fine Georgian building in one of the most sought after locations in the city. While situated in the heart of the City’s historic New Town, India Street has little ‘through traffic’, therefore ensuring a peaceful location, yet benefitting from the convenience of Stockbridge and Princes Street situated only minutes away. This ‘A’ Listed apartment retains many fine period features, including dado paneling, working window shutters, ornate cornice work and feature fire places, and is in move in condition. Entered by a well maintained shared stair with an entry phone system, the apartment opens into a large welcoming hall with large roof light giving an abundance of light. The living room is a most impressive room situated to the front of the property, and boasts a feature fireplace, wood floor and ornate cornice. The kitchen benefits from a fully fitted range of ivory gloss units, a breakfast bar appliances and utility room off. The spacious master bedroom has a feature fireplace, Edinburgh press and working shutters, and enjoys an open view across the rooftops. There are a further two double bedrooms, both having working shutters and one with built in storage. The bathroom has a double bath with shower over, WC and his and her wash hand basins. There is a very useful walk in cupboard off the hall. Access to Queen Street gardens and residents permit parking is also available subject to application and payment of modest annual fees. Offering an excellent buy for either a buy to let investor or private buyer, we highly recommend viewing this spacious apartment at your earliest convenience. Please phone 0131 661 2345 to arrange viewing.
• Spacious bright hall with entry phone and large walk in storage cupboard offering excellent storage.
• Living room to the front of the property with two astragal sash and case windows with working shutters, wooden floors, Edinburgh press cupboard and feature fireplace.
• Kitchen with floor standing and wall mounted units in an ivory gloss with contrasting worktops and upstands, breakfast bar, under window storage, and appliances including five ring gas hob with extractor hood, microwave/oven, oven/grill, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. Open views over surrounding streets.
• Utility room off the kitchen with storage and sink, housing the washer/dryer.
• Master bedroom to the rear benefitting from open views over the rooftops towards Fife. Feature fire place, sash and case window with working shutters and Edinburgh press cupboard.
• Double bedroom two with sash and case window with working shutters and built in cupboard.
• Bedroom three to the front of the property, again with sash and case window with working shutters.
• Family bathroom with a double bath and shower over, his and hers wash hand basins and WC. Heated towel rail.
• Fresh neutral décor throughout
• Gas central heating
• Access to Queen Street gardens and residents permit parking is also available subject to application and payment of modest annual fees.
• Energy Performance Rating – C
Situated in Edinburgh’s historic New Town, a conservation area and World Heritage Site, India Street is one of Ednburgh’s most sought after addresses, running from Heriot Row down towards Stockbridge. Boasting handsome impressive Georgian architecture, the street enjoys quick and easy access to Princes Street and Stockbridge with it’s excellent local shopping facilities. A cosmopolitan range of independent shops is close at hand in fashionable Stockbridge which also has thriving farmer’s market every Sunday. The shops of the City Centre including Harvey Nichols, John Lewis, Jenners and the variety of shops on George Street are all within easy walking distance. Everyday needs can be found at the Sainsbury Local on Howe Street and Waitrose at Comely Bank and slightly further afield Sainsbury superstore at Craigleith Retail Park. A number of excellent art galleries and museums are also close at hand as are the many amenities of the City Centre. Public and private sector schools, namely the Edinburgh Academy, Fettes College, Stewarts Melville, Mary Erskine and St. George’s are accessible as are the open green spaces of Inverleith Park, the Water of Leith and the Royal Botanic Garden, all within easy walking distance. The property is well served by public transport which offers easy access to the City Centre and beyond. Waverly Station is only a twenty minute walk away.
By appointment, contact 0131 661 2345 or 07761 575254.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43831185.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference MB236. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by McDougall McQueen , Edinburgh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.