4 bedroom link detached house for saleChurchsettle Lane, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5
Sold STC £750,000
- tucked-away position with superb gardens
- Grade II listed linked house
- 3.5 miles South of Wadhurst
- 2 reception rooms plus a study
- 1,513 sq ft
- kitchen/breakfast room
- 4/5 bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- extensive gardens of about 0.58 acres
- NO ONWARD CHAIN
Crouch House is situated off a small country lane in an accessible position in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The popular village of Wadhurst is about 3.5 miles from the property and offers a wide selection of shops including a butcher, greengrocer, delicatessen, post office, library, bank, chemist, hardware store, cafes, supermarkets and a garage. Tunbridge Wells (8.4 miles) offers further amenities.
State and private schools: Primaries in Wadhurst and Stonegate, preparatories include Bricklehurst Manor (Stonegate), Holmewood House (Langton Green), Marlborough House and St. Ronan's (Hawkhurst). State secondaries: Uplands Community Technology College (Wadhurst) and Kent grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge (admission based on academic performance in the 11 plus exam). Independents in Mayfield, Eastbourne, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
Mainline Rail: Stonegate (2.9 miles), Wadhurst (3.7 miles) and Tunbridge Wells (9.2 miles) with regular services to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street (via Waterloo East and London Bridge) from 50 minutes (Tunbridge Wells to Charing Cross).
Communications: The A21 provides links to the M25 and thereby to the other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and the Channel Tunnel rail terminal.
- 2 reception rooms
- kitchen/breakfast room
- rear hallway
- wet room
- galleried landing
- master bedroom with en suite bathroom and dressing room/bedroom 5
- 3 further bedrooms
- mature garden
- kitchen garden
- stream frontage
- woodland dell
- log store
- octagonal summerhouse
- parking area
- about 0.58 acres
Believed to date back to around the 17th century, this quintessential oak-framed character home enjoys a tucked-away position on the rural outskirts of Wadhurst with an outlook from the majority of rooms over mature grounds of about 0.58 acres.
For those needing to commute, Wadhurst mainline station is under four miles away, with journey times to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street from just over an hour. There are many options for schools in the vicinity, both state and private and further points of note include:
- stylishly-presented with contemporary fixtures and fittings which complement the many attractive character features including oak architraves and drop-latch panel doors, aged wall and ceiling beams and exposed oak flooring in many of the rooms;
- pine panelled door with leaded stained-glass insets opening to a spacious dining room enjoying a lovely outlook to the front;
- sitting room featuring a wide inglenook fireplace and oak bressummer beam over, formal door to the front and open stud work through to the rear hallway;
- delightful study, formerly part of the original bake house, with vaulted ceiling and pretty period door out to the front;
- well-proportioned country-style kitchen/breakfast room with tiled floor, Belfast sink, painted wood units and space for white goods;
- rear hall way opening out to the garden, with slate tiled flooring and a stylish wet room off;
- open tread oak staircase rising up to a galleried landing;
- master bedroom enjoying a lovely outlook over the garden to two sides, with built-in wardrobes and en suite bathroom, and a dressing room with hand-basin and cupboards, offering adaptable additional bedroom space if required;
- 3 further individual bedrooms, all with an attractive outlook and two with built-in wardrobes and wash hand basins.
The house is surrounded to three sides by superb mature cottage-style gardens and established trees with a large area of lawn stretching down from the rear to a field with a back drop of mixed woodland beyond. High hedging to the periphery provides privacy and shelter and the abundant planted borders are filled with a wide selection of plants for structure and scent. Divided into several "rooms", there are many delightful seating areas strategically placed for sun or shade and full enjoyment of the lovely surroundings.
- timber gate opening onto a gravel pathway giving access to the front of the house, with a spur off to the pretty rear kitchen/breakfast room entrance with covered arbour festooned with wisteria and clematis;
- gravel and paved terrace spanning the rear of the house edged with herbaceous borders and a good area of level lawn backing onto an adjoining field;
- enclosed kitchen garden with raised beds, mature specimen Bramley apple tree and clipped hawthorn and hornbeam hedging;
- orchard planted with young fruit trees including greengage, Victoria plum, apples and pears, and soft fruit;
- mixed coniferous and broad-leaved wooded dell to the northern boundary with a meandering path alongside the stream and underplanted spring flowers;
- parking area alongside the lane for two to three cars.
Square Footage: 1,578 sq ft
Acreage: 0.58 Acres
From Tunbridge Wells proceed South on the A267, passing through Frant village and take the left-hand turning to Wadhurst on the B2099. Having gone through Wadhurst, continue for about 1.1 miles and take the right-hand turning South towards Stonegate and Burwash. Continue for about 1/3rd of a mile and turn right into Churchsettle Lane. Continue down this lane for just over a mile to the t-junction with Buttons Lane at the bottom. Turn right and Crouch House will be found after a short distance on the left-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43833762.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160284. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.