2 bedroom end of terrace house for saleEliza Place, Gosport
Sold STC £162,000
- Delightful end-terrace two bedroom house
- No forward chain
- Gas central heating and double glazing
- UPSTAIRS BATHROOM!
- Call now to view
This delightful end-of-terrace freehold property was built in the 1840s as a railwayman's cottage, it offers two good sized bedrooms and is being offered with no forward chain! The cottage would suit an owner-occupier, a buy-to-let investor, or someone wanting to run 'holiday lets'. Call now to view
This delightful end-of-terrace freehold property was built in the 1840s as a railwayman's cottage when the railway was extended to Gosport for Queen Victoria. Full of character, and in excellent order, it offers surprisingly spacious accommodation, a charming garden and a pleasant outlook. The cottage has gas-fired central heating and double-glazed windows and doors.
It is ideally situated, being within an easy walk of the town centre, shops, buses, ferries and schools, and directly opposite the cycle track running from Spring Garden Lane to Stokes Bay.
The cottage would suit an owner-occupier, a buy-to-let investor, or someone wanting to run 'holiday lets' - it has been let successfully as a holiday cottage for five years.
Laminate floor, wall-mounted coat-rack, three inset downlighters in ceiling, radiator with thermostatic valve.
The hall has a radiator with thermostatic valve, a ceiling light and an electric meter cupboard. Hall, stairs and landing have a new fitted carpet.
Lounge/diner 22' 1" x 10' 7" ( 6.73m x 3.23m )
An attractive and spacious room )with plenty of room to incorporate a dining area. Georgian-style casement window with view to the front courtyard. Seven double power-sockets; two radiators both with thermostatic valves; phone socket; double broadband/cable socket, room thermostat for central heating; smoke alarm. Archway through to an alcove with a fitted cupboard housing the gas meter. Three ceiling lights and two wall lights. Glazed door to kitchen. New fitted carpet.
Kitchen/breakfast Room 12' 8" x 8' 4" ( 3.86m x 2.54m )
Cream ceramic tiled floor. Range of white fitted base and wall cupboards, sink with single draining board, Indesit fitted gas hob with extract above, Indesit fitted electric double oven, plumbing for dishwasher or washing machine; three double power sockets; fitted socket board with four outlets. White tiling to three walls; radiator with thermostatic valve; two ceiling lights; under-wall-cupboard spotlights. Georgian-style casement window with view to garden. Georgian-style glazed door to garden. Space for breakfast table/chairs.
First Floor Landing
Radiator with thermostatic valve, double power socket, cupboard housing Heat Serve combi gas boiler. Decorative wooden balustrade. Panelled doors to bathroom, bedroom one and bedroom two.
Bedroom 1 13' 4" x 12' 2" ( 4.06m x 3.71m )
Georgian-style casement window with view to front courtyard. Ceiling light; radiator with thermostatic valve; four double power sockets; telephone socket. Fitted carpet.
Bedroom 2 10' 8" max x 7' 10" ( 3.25m max x 2.39m )
Georgian-style window with view to garden; three double power sockets; ceiling light; radiator with thermostatic valve. Fitted carpet.
Inset washbasin in white vanity unit with double-cupboard under. White toilet with low-level cistern. Large white corner bath with shower over. Double-glazed casement window; ceiling light; radiator; tiles to three walls; mosaic-effect vinyl flooring.
To the front there is a walled courtyard with mature flowering cherry tree. The colour-washed frontage, decorative shutters to the upstairs window, and Georgian-style windows give the property a cottagey appearance. Double-glazed front door with glass panels; external porch light.
Attractive, sunny rear garden with a good deal of privacy (two of the boundaries are brick walls; the end-boundary is a fence). The design makes the most of its size and the garden combines low-maintenance with plenty of greenery. Patio area in sandstone, with curved sandstone patch to decked area at the far end of the garden, made of railway sleepers. Profusion of evergreen plants including tropical varieties and a pear tree. Outside light; outside tap; gate at side to Victoria Street.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43874904.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference GOS105226. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox & Sons, Gosport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.