3 bedroom cottage for saleCook Lane, Doveridge
Sold STC £360,000
- Delightful Period Cottage. Three Bedrooms
- Three Reception Rooms. Handmade Breakfast Kitchen
- Utility Room. Conservatory. Shower Room. Bathroom
- Double Garage. Extensive Driveway. Gardens
- NO UPWARD CHAIN
Believed to date from the late 18th Century is this DELIGHTFUL COTTAGE full of charm and character in brief comprising: three reception rooms, handmade breakfast kitchen, conservatory, utility, three bedrooms, shower room & bathroom. Extensive drive, DOUBLE GARAGE and gardens. VIEWING IS ESSENTIAL
This delightful cottage believed to date from the late 18th Century and is possibly one of the oldest properties in this sought after village. Doveridge has its own primary school, village hall, shop/post office and pub restaurant, there is also easy access to the A50 with its M1 and M6 links together with the towns of Uttoxeter, Ashbourne, Derby and Stafford. This SPACIOUS COTTAGE in brief comprises: three reception rooms, handmade breakfast kitchen, conservatory, utility room, three bedrooms, shower room and bathroom. There is an extensive driveway leading to DOUBLE GARAGE and gardens. The property is full of charm and character and EARLY INTERNAL INSPECTION to fully appreciate what this property has to offer.
Access to the property is gained via:
Having stairs leading to the first floor accommodation; door leading into:
Dining Room: 12' 2" x 11' 6" ( 3.71m x 3.51m )
Having secondary glazed windows to the front and side elevations; feature brick fireplace with open hearth; beams to the ceiling; wall lighting; tiled flooring; storage heater; leading into:
Breakfast Kitchen: 12' 3" max x 11' 11" ( 3.73m max x 3.63m )
A HANDMADE fitted kitchen comprising stainless steel sink and drainer set in a base unit; further base units all with complementary tiled work surface above; integrated electric oven with gas hob; further appliance space; matching eye level units; complementary wall and floor tiling; beams to the ceiling; secondary glazed windows to the rear and side elevations; storage heater; leading into:
Inner Lobby Area:
Giving access to:
Sitting Room: 12' 3" x 10' 1" max into alcove ( 3.73m x 3.07m max into alcove )
Having secondary glazed window to the front elevation; feature fireplace having handmade tiled inserts housing an open hearth; storage heater.
Study: 10' 9" x 9' 9" ( 3.28m x 2.97m )
Having French doors leading into the Garden Room; tiled flooring; storage heater; stable door leading into:
Having door leading out to the driveway; tiled flooring; opening into:
Being of timber double glazed construction on a dwarf brick wall with polycarbon roof; double glazed patio doors leading out to the garden; tiled flooring.
Having plumbing for washing machine; further appliance space; shelving; tiled flooring.
Having shower cubicle with wall mounted electric shower; low level w.c.; wash hand basin; complementary tiling; roof void light; electric wall heater; tiled flooring.
Stairs From The Hallway:
First Floor Landing:
Having doors off to:
Bedroom One: 12' 5" max into alcove x 10' 6" ( 3.78m max into alcove x 3.20m )
Having secondary glazed window to the front elevation.
Bedroom Two: 12' 7" x 12' 1" max into alcove ( 3.84m x 3.68m max into alcove )
Having secondary glazed window to the front elevation; built in wardrobe.
Bedroom Three: 8' 5" max x 7' 6" max ( 2.57m max x 2.29m max )
Having double glazed window to the rear elevation; storage heater; loft access.
Having a free standing roll top bath with mixer taps; wash hand basin; low level w.c.; window to the side elevation; storage heater; airing cupboard housing hot water tank with immersion heater and shelving; complementary floor tiling.
Gated access leads to the extensive block paved driveway which leads to the double garage. To the rear is an extensive patio area with further areas of lawn, decked seating area, raised vegetable beds and herb gardens, mature shrubs, specimen conifers and mature trees and is screened by fencing and mature hedging. There are two greenhouses and two garden sheds.
Having power and lighting; window to the rear elevation; personal door; roof storage.
Photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
From Uttoxeter take the A50 towards Derby, taking the first exit to Doveridge. Turn right at the end of the slip road to the first roundabout taking the third exit passing the Cavendish pub turning left onto Cook Lane, where the property can be found on the left hand side.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference UTR105684. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Uttoxeter. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.