4 bedroom cottage for saleScotney Castle Estate, Lamberhurst, Kent
Sold STC £682,500
- Entrance Hall
- Sitting Room
- Kitchen/Dining Room
- Utility Room
- 2 En-Suite Bedrooms & 2 further Bedrooms
- Family Bathroom
- Sweeping Driveway with Parking
- Mature Gardens
- In all about 0.17 of an acre
The former lodging of Scotney Castle Estate's game keeper, Sweetbourne Cottage has recently undergone significant extension and complete refurbishment throughout by the current owners. The property now offers a superior quality finish whilst retaining the style and character of a country cottage with such original features as the Victorian fireplace in one of the bedrooms.
Externally the property is of mellow brick and hanging tile elevations under a tiled roof. Internally the cottage is a comfortable and stylish home benefiting from beautiful unique features including French Oak flooring in the entrance hall, cloakroom, sitting room and upstairs master bedroom. The timber was sourced in France and shipped to a Mill in Kent where the extra wide planks were cut to size.
Further to the above, the beautiful oak staircase, timber framed French doors and a country style kitchen are complimented by modern features such as the inset downlights, then effortlessly blended with Farrow & Ball tones giving the house a modern, contemporary feel.
- Sheltered Entrance Porch with reclaimed oak timber supports and 2 steps up to a solid oak door, opening to
- Welcoming Entrance Hall with bespoke French oak flooring, built in storage cupboards with shelving, hanging rail and slide out shoe shelves, skylight to front, an oak staircase to first floor, handmade oak glazed double fire doors to the sitting room and door to kitchen
- Cloakroom with low level wc, white hand basin, two frosted double glazed leaded windows to front, French oak floor, chrome towel rail
- Sitting Room with open fireplace with oak surround, oak mantle and multi fuel burner, handmade fitted cupboards, recessed floor sockets, door to rear garden, and open plan to
- Stunning open plan bespoke Kitchen/Dining Room offering under floor heating with tiled floor, oak display wall units with lights and further oak wall and base units, all of which are soft close with several hand painted in neutral colours and black granite work surfaces over. Integrated Bosch double electric oven hob, double butler sink and a centre island which has a thick hand crafted oak counter top and houses large, deep storage drawers below. Full height oak framed double glazing to side with double doors leading to garden and door leading to
- Utility Room with airing cupboard, skylight, work surfaces, boiler, space and plumbing for washing machine and space and vent for tumble dryer, door to side garden
- First Floor Landing with cupboard, doors leading to inner landing, bathroom, front bedroom and
- Double Aspect Master Bedroom Suite with wood flooring, walk through dressing area with his and her wardrobes either side, modern and contemporary En-Suite with tiled floors, walk- in rainfall shower, low level wc and white hand basin
- Front Bedroom with bespoke built in
wardrobes and double glazed window to the front
- Family Bathroom with white suite with chrome towel radiator and handmade built in corner cupboard
- Inner Landing with under stairs cupboard, staircase leading to second floor and door to
- Rear Bedroom with original fireplace, double glazed windows to rear, built in shelving and under stairs cupboard
- Double aspect Second Floor Bedroom Suite with vaulted ceiling, wood flooring, double glazed windows to rear and side, handmade built in cupboards, modern and contemporary En-Suite with Velux window to front, mostly tiled with tiled floor, low level wc, bowl hand basin and electric chrome towel radiator
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43949598.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TON150170. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Tunbridge Wells - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.