2 bedroom apartment for saleRussells House, Greenbank Road, Watford, WD17
Guide Price £845,000
- Communal hall
- stairs to 1st floor
- living/dining room
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms (1 en suite)
An elegant apartment in a Grade II listed building standing in beautiful grounds approaching three acres with a stunning specification plus a garage and a cellar
Russells House is a Grade II listed building steeped in history and local connections. Originally built in circa 1718 for the Dowager Countess of Essex. The house was built adjacent to Cassiobury Park, the set of the Earl of Essex.
It was built in a style very similar to that of The Grove Hotel and Country Estate which is opposite and less than 500m away.
There are many local connections to famous residents and royalty.
The house has been a residence for the Mayor of London, the Dowager Countess of Essex, the Maharajah of Baroda and a Home Guard (Dad's Army) searchlight battalion during the Second World War.
General Sir Charles Colville who served on Wellington's staff at Waterloo, left through the front door on his way to battle.
The house remains a Grade II listed building. Numerous features of the original building have been retained. These include the impressive main staircase, large bay windows overlooking the gardens and ornate coving.
The house stands within gardens and land of approximately 2.63 acres which contain three cedars of Lebanon thought to be 300 years old.
The property also has deep old fashioned cellars and associated with this, is access to a large underground storage area in the old brick ovens of the house.
Heathrow Airport, Terminal 5 - approximately 19.6 miles
Luton Airport - approximately 16.8 miles
National Rail - approximately 2.1 miles
London Underground - approximately 2.9 miles
The Grove 5 Star Hotel & Country Club and Spa - approximately 1 mile
Summary of Accommodation
First floor 1,658 sq ft / 154 sq m apartment in a Grade II listed Georgian Mansion.
- Living/dining room with approx 4m ceiling height, fireplace and beautiful original cornices.
- Master bedroom with fireplace and en suite bathroom in limestone.
- Second double bedroom with built in book shelves and wardrobes.
- Marble family bathroom with a 'Victoria & Albert' free-standing bath and 'Philippe Starck' bath tap.
- iPad controlled TV in living room and master bedroom.
- Two allocated parking spaces.
- South facing landscaped gardens of approximately 2.63 acres with 300 year old cedars.
NB: Photographs taken in January 2016 and some later in the year. New exterior photographs taken in April 2017.
Square Footage: 1,658 sq ft
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44012706.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference RCS160142. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Rickmansworth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.