4 bedroom detached house for saleCamden Hill, Sissinghurst, Kent
Sold STC £1,100,000
- Down a long private drive
- Secluded setting
- Period features
- 3/4 reception rooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Potential to modernise
- 2,000 sq ft outbuildings
- 7 acres of land
- Cranbrook School catchment
- Staplehurst Station 4 miles
* Cranbrook School catchment area * No Onward Chain *
Embracing 500 years of history and justifiably Grade II listed, Saunders Farm is a striking Wealden farmhouse of much atmosphere and charm. The farmhouse is timber framed and presents elevations in a characteristic mix of red brick and weather-board, part rendered with exposed close-studding, under a plain hipped tiled roof. Each aspect of this picturesque property presents individual architectural features incorporating pretty leaded light casement windows.
Internally, there are a wealth of period features on display including inglenook fireplaces, impressive mellow oak beams and timbers, latch doors and several pretty interior feature windows. Overall the accommodation has good ceiling heights and the triple aspect sitting room is exceptionally lofty creating a bright and airy ambience.
The property currently provides charming family living space with three inviting reception rooms and four bedrooms above, with an all round attractive pastoral outlook. It also offers scope for modernisation or updating work (or remodelling subject to planning) giving you the opportunity to create your perfect family home.
- Entrance vestibule leading to reception hall displaying impressive inglenook fireplace
- Bright and airy triple aspect sitting room with exceptional ceiling heights and inglenook fireplace
- Well proportioned dining room with fitted period oak crockery cupboard
- Versatile reception room 3/study
- Fitted kitchen with integral appliances providing scope for updating
- Lean-to glazed utility/boot room
- 2 cloakrooms
- Master bedroom with adjacent dressing room incorporating fitted wardrobes
- Three further bedrooms with fitted wardrobes and wash hand basins
- Family bathroom with panelled bath and integral storage - neutral wall tiles
- Substantial outbuilding incorporating garaging, stables & stores
- Period oak framed barn
- Landscaped gardens and grounds
- Paddocks and field shelter
- Approximately 7 acres in all
The gardens and grounds at Saunders Farmhouse are a particular feature of the property. Beautifully landscaped, they incorporate established beds and borders filled with herbaceous planting, collections of roses, beds and rockeries, creating vibrant seasonal displays. On the periphery, the more informal grounds include Rhododendrons and mature indigenous and coniferous trees under-planted by spring bulbs.
By the farmhouse is a delightful Virginia Creeper clad oak framed period barn and opposite exceptional period outbuilding, creating a lovely farmstead style setting. The building, of brick and weather-board construction with a clock tower above provides approaching 2,000 sq ft and currently incorporates garaging, store rooms and stables. It also provides opportunities for a number of alternative uses and potential for conversion to ancillary accommodation, subject to any necessary planning consent(s).
The property is approached through a five bar gate to a substantial Tarmac driveway providing parking for numerous vehicles. Along with the gardens adjacent to the house, further land includes ancient natural woodland and fenced paddocks with two field shelters. In all, there is over 7 acres of gardens and grounds.
Cranbrook 2 miles
Staplehurst Station 4 miles
A21 8 miles
Tenterden 7 miles
Tunbridge Wells 15 miles
London 52 miles
(All distances are approximate)
Saunders Farm is situated in an extremely secluded setting, at the end of a private driveway, flanking open countryside and ancient woodland in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The pretty high street benefits from a village shop with post office, public house, the popular Church of England primary school and adjacent Trinity Church. The village is also home to the celebrated Sissinghurst Castle with its magnificent National Trust gardens. Cranbrook and Tenterden are within easy reach both offering a good range of shops, restaurants, public houses and facilities and Tunbridge Wells offers comprehensive amenities.
There are numerous private and state schools nearby for children of all ages including Sissinghurst C of E Primary School, Dulwich Preparatory School at Cranbrook, St Ronans and Marlborough House at Hawkhurst. The property is also set in the sought after Cranbrook School catchment area.
Nearby Staplehurst Station offers services to London Bridge, Cannon Street and Charing Cross with journey times from under an hour. Alternatively, Ashford International operates to London St Pancras with journey times from only 36 minutes, and to the Continent. The 21 gives access to the M25 for Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and to the City.
Services: Oil fired central heating. Mains water and electricity. Private drainage.
Local Authority: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Tax Band G
Fixtures and Fittings: Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment through Jackson-Stops & Staff. Tel: 01580 720000
From our office in Cranbrook proceed along Stone Street to Waterloo Road and continue to the Willesley Pound roundabout. Go straight on signposted to Staplehurst. After about a mile, go past the garage/petrol station on the left and continue down the hill. Turn left onto a private driveway, signed to Mayhouse Farm, Thornstone and Restricted Byway. Saunders Farm will be found at the end of the drive.
i) There is a Restricted Byway along the track situated to the east of the boundary (but not crossing the property).
ii) The driveway is owned by Saunders Farm and all properties resident along the drive will contribute a share towards main pay a contribution towards maintenance costs
Jackson-Stops & Staff Private Finance specialises in advising on and arranging competitive mortgages quickly, efficiently and in a stress-free manner. Please contact the office for further information.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44140941.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CRA160140. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops & Staff, Cranbook - sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.