4 bedroom detached house for salePark Lane, Swalcliffe
- Detached stone barn conversion
- Striking entrance hall/reception room
- Two further reception rooms
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Four bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Approximately half an acre of mature gardens
- Detached stone double garage
- Lovely Views
ENJOYING A BEAUTIFUL LOCATION AND MARVELLOUS VIEWS OVER ADJOINING FIELDS, A DETACHED STONE BARN CONVERSION STANDING IN APPROXIMATELY HALF AN ACRE OF MATURE GARDENS.
Impressive entrance hall with galleried landing, cloakroom, dining room, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, boiler room, utility, four double bedrooms, two bathrooms, detached stone double garage and extensive off road parking, beautiful private mature gardens, lovely views, central heating, double glazing.
<stylerun fontsize=20>GUIDE PRICE £750,000 FREEHOLD</stylerun>
Approximate distances -
Banbury 6 miles
Shipston-on-Stour 9 miles
Stratford-upon-Avon 18 miles
Oxford 27 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 8 miles
Banbury to Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Directions - From Banbury proceed in a Westerly direction towards Shipston on Stour (B4035). Travel through the villages of Broughton and Tadmarton and onward to Swalcliffe. Continue to the far edge of the village and take the last turning on the left hand side into Park Lane. The property will be found after approximately 250 yards on the right hand side.
Situation - SWALCLIFFE is a picturesque and relatively small friendly village lying between the towns of Banbury and Shipston-on-Stour. It comprises predominantly period houses and cottages and remains unspoilt. Within the village there is a public house, village hall and parish church. The similar sized villages of Sibford Ferris and Sibford Gower which lie approximately two miles away provide further amenities including a shop, state primary and independent primary and secondary school (also a renowned specialist in dyslexia). Swalcliffe lies within the catchment area for the Warriner secondary school at Bloxham. It is surrounded by delightful countryside. There are golf courses at Rye Hill, Brailes and Tadmarton Heath which are all within easy reach.
More extensive facilities can be found in the market towns of Banbury and Chipping Norton. Further afield in Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon there are world class recreational, cultural and leisure facilities.
The Property - A floorplan has been prepared to show the room sizes and layout of Barn Court. Some of the main features include:
Barn Court occupies a large plot extending to approximately half an acre and situated in an idyllic spot overlooking adjoining fields and paddocks. The gardens are delightful and enjoy south westerly aspect to the rear. The original barn dated back to circa 1700 and was converted around 1965. It was extended in the 1980s and further internal improvements have taken place within recent years.
* Striking entrance hall / reception room with floor to ceiling and wall to wall windows giving views and access to beautiful gardens, solid aged Old English elm staircase and galleried landing over.
* Spacious cloakroom with wash basin having mixer tap, WC and most attractive ceramic tiled "starburst" floor.
* Dining room with fire place.
* Sitting room with French windows to patio and garden.
* Kitchen/breakfast room with solid beech units incorporating a range cooker integrated dishwasher and fridge, solid beech work surfaces, breakfast bar, further granite work surfaces, high shelved traditional style double cupboard.
* Walk-in boiler/drying room with oil fired boiler within.
* Spacious utility room with Belfast sink, fitted cupboard, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, space for fridge/freezer and rear door with cat flap.
* Master bedroom with TV point and en-suite bathroom with luxury white suite, whirlpool bath with mixer tap, vanity wash basin with mixer tap, WC, chrome radiator.
* Three further double bedrooms, one giving access to loft space, one being interconnecting to master bedroom.
* Family bathroom having bath, wash basin, WC, heated electric towel rail/radiator.
* Recently rewired throughout and dimmer switches installed.
* Large drive and frontage providing extensive off road parking.
* Detached stone built double garage with light and power and lift space within.
* The gardens adjoin meadow land and there are beautiful rural views to side and rear.
* The stunning mature gardens extend to nearly half an acre. They comprise lawned areas, mature flower and shrub beds, hedgerow, a variety mature trees, fruit tress, patio areas and pergola.
* Surrounded by lovely quiet lanes and rural pathways.
Services - Mains water, electriciry and drainage are connected. Oil fired central heating via a "Hybrid System" which provide heating via half warm aired ducted and half radiator. The boiler is the boiler room off the kitchen. Large underground oil tank.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. 01295 252535. Council Tax Band G.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44181561.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26490434. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.