2 bedroom retirement property for saleFoxhall Court, Banbury
Sold STC £197,500
- First floor two bedroomed retirement apartment
- Spacious & well laid out accommodation
- Kitchen with integrated appliances
- Large bathroom/wet room, Storage
- Communal lounge
- 24/7 house manager Communal garden and parking
A SURPRISINGLY SPACIOUS AND WELL LAID OUT FIRST FLOOR TWO BEDROOMED RETIREMENT APARTMENT WITH "ASSISTED LIVING" WITH A SUPERB RANGE OF COMMUNAL FACILITIES VERY CLOSE TO THE TOWN CENTRE .
Large hall, cloakroom, spacious living room, kitchen with integrated appliances, two double bedrooms, large bathroom/wet room, storage, communal lounge, restaurant, 24/7 house manager, communal garden and parking,
<stylerun fontsize=20>£197,500 LEASEHOLD</stylerun>
Banbury town centre 0.2 miles
Banbury railway station 0.75 miles
Junction 11 (M40) 1.5 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Oxford 21 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx, 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Directions - From Banbury Cross proceed via Horse Fair into North Bar and continue straight on at the traffic lights into Southam Road (A423). After a short distance turn right into School Lane and right again where signed for Foxhall Court. Bear left into the communal parking area and proceed via the garden along a path to the main entrance.
Situation - BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham New Street (50 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
The Property - 24 Foxhall Court is a particularly spacious first floor two bedroom apartment which will allow for those people down sizing to retain much of the prized possessions having a lot more space than the average retirement apartment locally. There is a large reception room with living and dining space adjoining a well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances. There are two double bedrooms one of which has a built-in double wardrobe. The bathroom/wet room is very well proportioned and has a white suite which includes a panelled bath as well as a fully tiled wet room/shower area which is easily accessible.
Foxhall Court originally constructed by McCarthy Stone includes an "Assisted Living" package which includes staffing, communal services, cleaning and maintenance, professional services, housekeeping and use of the restaurant. The office is manned by a house manager 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The associated costs are detailed below under the leasehold paragraph.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A spacious two bedroom first floor retirement apartment.
* Within easy walking distance of the town centre.
* Forming part of a McCarthy Stone development with "Assisted Living" including a restaurant and other first class facilities.
* A friendly environment with regular events including music evenings, exercise, coffee mornings, social events and daily three course meals.
* Large hall and cloakroom with WC, semi recessed wash hand basin, wall mounted heater, extractor.
* Spacious living room with door to deep built-in airing cupboard, window to rear and double doors from the dining area to the kitchen.
* A well equipped kitchen with a range of base and eye level birch effect units with brushed aluminium handles, single drainer sink, integrated fridge and freezer, built-in oven, hob and extractor, work tops, window, wall mounted heater.
* Main bedroom with double built-in wardrobe and window to rear.
* Second bedroom/dining room a double bedroom or spacious dining room if preferred with window to rear.
* A well proportion bathroom/wet room fitted with a white suite comprising panelled bath, walk-in accessible fully tiled shower area with floor drain and fully tiled surround, semi recessed wash hand basin and WC, wall mounted heater, extractor.
* Communal hall, lift, laundry room and guest room, with en-suite available for friends and family by arrangement.
* Communal residents lounge, IT room and restaurant.
* Well tended communal south facing gardens.
* Communal off street parking.
* Resident house manager on duty day and night, 7 days a week.
* Emergency pull system with pull cords in every room linking the apartment to the house manager or central switch board 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Services - All mains services are connected with the exception of gas.
Leasehold - The property is held on a 125 year lease of which approximately 120 years remain.
There is a monthly service charge of approximately £670 Which covers staffing, communal services and maintenance, professional services, office manager in residence and 1 hour of housekeeping per week. There is an annual ground rent of £510.
Three course meals are available at lunchtime in the restaurant at an additional cost of £4.
Agent Note I - There is an age restriction of 70 years or older.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Viewings - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent Note Ii - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey And Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26488893. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.