5 bedroom detached house for saleSpring Hill, Fordcombe, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Sold STC £2,250,000
- Reception Hall
- Drawing Room
- Sitting Room
- Hunter's Hall
- Dining Room
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- 4 1st floor Bedrooms (2 ensuite)
- Family Bathroom
- 2nd floor Guest Suite
A magnificent Grade II* listed 16th century manor house, together with a cottage and two attractive period barn outbuildings
Fordcombe Manor has a timeless, pastoral appeal, with a commanding presence, nestled among its period former farm buildings, with wonderful views over its land and the unspoilt Medway Valley, within the High Weald area of outstanding natural beauty.
The Grade II* listed Manor House dates from the 16th century with 17th century additions.
The wealth of period features include a stunning timbered interior, old oak doors with handmade nails and wrought iron door furniture, oak joinery, wide oak boards, leaded light windows and working inglenook fireplaces
Stone steps lead from the driveway to
- Entrance Porch with substantial beams and beautiful oak paneled door leading to
- Lobby with quarry tiled floor and further ancient oak door to
- Drawing Room with mullioned bay window, beamed ceiling, wide oak floor boards and inglenook fireplace with oak bressummer beam over. Shelving and high level window to side. Fine rural views.
- Sitting Room with beamed ceiling, mullioned bay window to rear, with paneling below, and window to side. Inglenook fireplace, with oak bressumer and fitted wood-burning stove. Shelved area to one side. Lovely aspect overlooking garden
- Rear Lobby with quarry tiled floor, glazed ceiling lantern, leaded window and oak rear door, leading to side and rear garden.
- Cloakroom with low level WC and pedestal wash hand basin.
- Inner Hallway with well worn stone stairs to
- Cellar with stone walls, fitted kitchen units, with worktops, twin bowl stainless steel sink unit. Windows to front and door to side.
- Hunters Hall with inglenook fireplace and oak bressumer over. Wall and ceiling beams. Leaded window to rear.
- Dining room with wall and ceiling beams, and leaded window to front. Fine views across the valley. Steps up to
- Study with exposed wall and ceiling beams, and leaded window
- Kitchen with brick and tiled floor, range of SieMatic wall and floor units incorporating twin bowl stainless steel sink unit. Four oven oil-fired blue Aga, two ring Calor gas hob. Double height room with minstrels gallery, high level leaded light windows, and windows overlooking rear garden. Oak door to rear.
- Utility Room off with built-in cupboards, butler sink in pine surround, leaded window to side and door to front. Oil fired boiler for hot water and heating. Water softener supply and plumbing for washing machine.
- First floor landing with exposed beams and door to second floor
- Bedroom 1 with magnificent leaded light window giving wonderful far-reaching views of the surrounding countryside. Wide oak floorboards
- Ensuite Shower with large shower cubicle, bidet, pedestal wash hand basin, low level WC. Windows to side.
- Bedroom 2 with leaded light bay window to rear, lovely garden views. Recessed area with shelving and hanging rail, which the owner believes may have been a priest hole. Wide oak floorboards.
- Ensuite Bathroom with paneled bath, low level WC, shower cubicle and twin basins in vanity unit. Dual aspect leaded light windows.
- Steps down to Family Room with telephone point, attractive brick fireplace with oak bressumer beam, partitioned deep airing cupboard with hot water cylinder. Leaded light windows to rear.
- Bedroom 3 with paneled walling and leaded windows to front
- Family Bathroom with wall and ceiling beams, paneled bath with fitted shower over, pedestal wash hand basin, low level WC. Leaded light window
- Bedroom 4 with wall and ceiling beams, built-in cupboards and leaded light window to front.
- Loft Space with restricted access to two rooms with brick chimney breast.
- 2nd Floor Guest Suite, with vaulted beamed ceiling, comprising two large open plan rooms, currently designated as Bedroom and Sitting Room, with central Bathroom with paneled bath, pedestal wash hand basin, low level WC. Sealed double glazed lattice window to side. Eaves storage cupboard. NB It is considered this area has potential for creating two individual bedrooms, subject to planning.
- Further cellar accessed externally, providing additional storage.
- Two long in/out access drives lead through fields and woodland and culminate in a large parking and turning area in front of the house, with substantial additional parking adjacent to the garage barn.
- Thatched Detached Traditional Barn, re-thatched in 2015, providing general Garaging, with adjacent Garden Store and Workshop areas. A Stable Wing with two stables and pitched tiled roof adjoins the barn.
- Period Cottage (attached to former Oast House in separate ownership) with entrance hall, sitting room with open fireplace, fitted kitchen/breakfast room, stairs to first floor with three bedrooms and family bathroom. Oil fired central heating.
- Kentish Barn, dating from 17th Century, converted to form a superb entertaining space with dance floor/table tennis area, kitchen/bar, and mezzanine sitting area. Steps lead to changing room, wash basin, shower, WC and Sauna. Twin sliding double doors to
- Outdoor swimming pool, 12m x 5m In-ground, heated with stone surround, well screened and private. External access to boiler room housing oil-fired boiler and filtration plant.
- Tennis Court, fully screened and in excellent condition.
The beautifully landscaped gardens and grounds have been meticulously tended by the same gardener for the last 34 years who is keen to remain in post if required. The sweeping lawns, mature trees, yew arbour, colourful herbaceous borders and raised beds all add to the ambience and complement the style and grace of the Manor House. There is a paddock, small area of orchard with apples, pears and plums. A footpath leads to Roger Wood, an area of woodland in the ownership of the Manor, but set slightly away from the remaining grounds. In all approximately 14 acres.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44244579.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TON160167. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Tunbridge Wells - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.