3 bedroom house for saleYarmouth Road, Gillingham, Beccles, Norfolk
A delightful family house in an elevated position with far reaching views over the river Waveney and adjacent meadows towards Beccles Church.
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Kitchen/Breakfast room
- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Large south facing terrace
- Mature gardens
- Far reaching views
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Beccles: 3 miles
- Bungay: 7 miles
- Loddon: 5 miles
- Norwich: 17 miles
- Great Yarmouth & Lowestoft: 12 miles
Boaters Hill House enjoys a wonderful elevated setting in a rural location just outside the small village of Gillingham and close to the Georgian market town of Beccles. The house enjoys wonderful views across the River Waveney and the Waveney Valley towards Beccles, which is a delightful market town well known for its selection of shops, schools and leisure facilities. It is also situated on the Norfolk Broads complex. A footpath from Boaters Hill leads down to the river and into Beccles. There is a sailing club nearby, golf course and the Suffolk Heritage coast is within easy driving distance.
Beccles has a railway station with services to Lowestoft and Ipswich with onwards connections to London, Liverpool Street. There are also mainline rail services from both Norwich and Diss to London, Liverpool Street. The nearby market town of Bungay has a wide selection of shops, a theatre, and its own golf course. The Suffolk heritage coast is within easy driving distance and there are numerous schools in the area, including a primary school in Gillingham, the Leman School in Beccles and Langley School at Chedgrave.
With stunning views to the south over the river Waveney, its adjacent meadows and towards Beccles Church, Boaters Hill House is approached over a private drive with electric gates. The house sits in its large plot which extends to about 0.3 acres (stms). Built of rendered and colour washed brick under a tiled roof, the house dates from the 1960's and offers spacious, light and easily maintained accommodation. The main rooms are south-facing to take advantage of the wonderful views over its mature gardens and the surrounding countryside.
The accommodation comprises, hall with cloakroom off, leading to the sitting room with open fireplace, dual aspect and door to the study, with access through to the utility and the boiler rooms. From the sitting room a door leads through to the dining room, which can also be used as a second reception room and then through to the large kitchen/breakfast room with double French doors leading to the large paved terrace. There is a small entrance lobby off the kitchen, giving a separate rear access to the house.
On the first floor is a spacious landing with door to the master bedroom, a fine room with far reaching views, fitted wardrobe cupboard and en suite bathroom. There are two further good sized bedrooms and a family bathroom.
Boaters Hill House is approached over a gravelled drive to a car port and circular parking area flanked by box hedging. On the south side of the house is the large paved terrace with central ornamental pond with fountain. The gardens are mainly laid to lawns, interspersed with numerous shrubs and trees and the whole is surrounded by mature hedges. In all, the gardens and grounds extend to about 0.3 acres (stms).
Directions NR34 0EE
Leave Norwich on the Lowestoft/Beccles road, A146 and continue through Thurton, past Loddon and at the second roundabout in Gillingham by the BP garage turn left into the Yarmouth Road, A143. Continue for about half a mile and turn right (before the turning to Aldeby) into a private farm drive. At the end of the drive turn left and proceed through the automatic gates on the gravel drive and left again to Boaters Hill House.
South Norfolk District Council 01508 533 633, Band: E, Annual cost: £1,919.05 (2016/17).
Mains electricity, private water supply, septic tank drainage, oil-fired central heating.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44298492.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR130234. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.