6 bedroom detached house for saleBrisley Road, North Elmham, Norfolk
A charming period house with annexe on the edge of this popular village in a rural location next to Brisley Common.
- Dining room
- Sitting room
- Family room
- Kitchen/Breakfast room
- Sitting room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Self-contained annexe with bedroom and bathroom
- Garaging and workshop
- Attractive mature gardens, about 1 acre (stms)
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
Driving Distances (approx.)
- Dereham: 5 miles
- Fakenham: 7 miles
- Norwich: 18 miles
- The coast: 13 miles
Park House stands on the very edge of North Elmham village, just over a mile from this historic Saxon village, which has a village store, doctor's surgery, primary school and two public houses. Adjoining the property is Brisley Common, providing wonderful walking over one of the largest commons in the county, and just a short walk away is the Brisley Bell public house, soon to re-open. Brisley also has a highly rated primary school.
The market town of Dereham offers an excellent selection of supermarkets, shops and schools, whilst the towns of Fakenham and Holt are all within easy reach. The Cathedral city of Norwich is renowned for its shopping and cultural facilities, range of schools and has a mainline railway station with regular intercity trains to London (Liverpool Street) and an expanding airport. Trains can also be taken from Kings Lynn or Downham Market with connections to Cambridge and London (Kings Cross). The North Norfolk coast with its renowned beaches, sailing and bird reserves together with the Norfolk Broads are both within easy driving distance. There are a number of golf courses and other leisure facilities in the area.
Park House is a fine period family house believed to date back to the early 1800's and was once the park keepers' house of a large deer park which is believed to have once belonged to the Holkham Hall Estate. Park House enjoys a secluded setting, surrounded by open countryside and enjoys fine views. At one end of the garden is a bridge across a stream, giving access directly onto Brisley Common, which is ideal for walking and bird watching. There is also a village cricket pitch in the centre of The Common.
Park House has been extended with the conversion of the former stables to form additional accommodation and now has 5 bedrooms in the main house together with a separate self-contained annexe. There is also a ground floor bedroom suite which could be used separately if required. The present owners have refurbished much of the house to a high standard and have added the new conservatory. Surrounding the house are the charming gardens and grounds which extend to about 1 acre(stms).
The accommodation is approached through the front door to a hall with staircase to the first floor and small sitting room or study to one side. There is a large drawing room with full height ceiling and french doors to the garden, together with fireplace with wood burning stove. The dining room opens directly off the kitchen/breakfast room which is of an excellent size and ideal for family living. Double doors lead through to a family room, giving ample space for everyday living. There is a utility and rear hall, whilst from the family room a door leads through to a ground floor bedroom suite, comprising bedroom, sitting room and shower room.
On the first floor are 4 bedrooms, one with en suite bathroom and a family bathroom. To one side of the house, and converted from the former stables is a self-contained bedroom with bathroom, ideal as separate guest accommodation.
Outside is a single garage, leading through to a large workshop which could also be used for garaging if required.
The gardens and grounds are a feature of the property and have been extensively planted to form a most attractive setting for this family house. Park House is approached over a gravelled driveway where there is a large parking area and through a wooden five bar gate to provide parking for several cars, also giving access to the garaging. The garden comprises large areas of lawns, together with a number of fruit and flowering trees and several flowering shrubs. To one corner of the garden is a kitchen-garden area with greenhouse, raised beds, and fruit cages, all enclosed with mature hedging. The whole property is fully surrounded by established trees and hedges and forms a most attractive setting for this house. The gardens extend in all to about 1.25 acres (stms).
Directions NR20 5DL
From Dereham take the B1110 Holt Road to North Elmham and at the Kings Head public house turn left on to the B1145 towards Brisley and Mileham. Follow this road for just over 1 mile and Park House will be found on the right hand side just before the start of Brisley Common.
Breckland Council, Band: F, Annual cost: £2,235.93 (2016/17).
Private water supply from deep bore, mains electricity, private drainage, oil-fired central heating with 2 boilers heating different parts of the property.
Fixtures and Fittings
Items regarded as fixtures and fittings including carpets, curtains, light fittings, kitchen appliances and garden ornaments are excluded although these items may be available by separate negotiation.
Strictly by prior appointment with sole agents Jackson-Stops & Staff. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44305170.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR160257. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.