5 bedroom detached house for saleMelfort Road, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6
Sold STC £995,000
- well-appointed 5 bedroom character home
- popular Warren area
- 3.8 miles Eridge mainline station
- London Charing Cross from about 60 minutes
- 2,841 sq ft
- 3 reception rooms
- kitchen/breakfast room
- detached double garage
- long driveway approach
- EPC Rating = C
A beautifully-restored 'Arts and Crafts' home,
tucked-away within mature gardens in the popular Warren area
Broadbury House is located within the sought-after Warren area under a mile from, Crowborough town centre, with its choice of supermarkets, High Street shops and other day-to-day amenities. A more comprehensive range of shopping, leisure and entertainment facilities is available in Tunbridge Wells, about 7.7 miles.
Private and State schools:
Crowborough: a choice of primary schools and the Beacon Academy at secondary level. Preparatories in Danehill (Cumnor House), Forest Row (Ashdown House), Ashurstwood (Brambletye) and Langton Green (Holmewood House). Independent secondaries in Mayfield, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Eastbourne.
Eridge (3.8 miles) or Crowborough (at Jarvis Brook 2.5 miles), London Bridge from about 1 hour. Tunbridge Wells (about 8 miles), London Charing Cross and Cannon Street from 50 minutes.
The A26 joins the A21 to the North of Tunbridge Wells, linking to the M25 London orbital motorway and thereby to the national motorway network, Heathrow and Gatwick airports and the Channel Tunnel terminus.
Accommodation of 2,841 sq ft comprising:
- 3 reception rooms
- study area
- kitchen/breakfast room
- utility room
- master bedroom suite
- 4 further double bedrooms (1 en suite)
- family bathroom
- detached double garage
- gardens to front and rear
- about 0.82 acres
- EPC = C
Broadbury House is a most impressive 1920s Connors Brothers property, built in the 'Arts and Crafts' style and sympathetically restored to a high standard by the current owners to create a spacious well-appointed family home.
The property enjoys the generous proportions typical of the period with high ceilings and many inherent character features, including oak wall panelling, architraves, flooring and timbers in the principal rooms, much reclaimed by the builders from the ship building yards and featuring delightful naval-inspired carvings.
Tucked-away in an elevated position at the top of a long driveway approach, Broadbury House is located within a small enclave of detached houses, under a mile from Crowborough and well-positioned for the mainline stations at Eridge or Jarvis Brook offering commuters a regular service to London Bridge from about an hour. Further points of note include:
- contemporary fixtures and fittings including a bespoke craftsman-built kitchen, traditional-style leaded-light double glazed windows, cast iron radiators and well-appointed sanitary-ware;
- sandstone steps leading up to a pretty oak front door with wrought-iron fittings and opening into an inner porch with quarry tiled floor and leaded light porthole window;
- drawing room with oak flooring, red brick fireplace with decoratively-carved oak panel featuring a sailing ship, oak mantel and deep square bay window;
- sitting room with oak panelled walls, a wide open fireplace with carved stone surround and a flagstone hearth and delightful oak frieze over featuring marine-inspired carvings;
- dining room with red brick fireplace with cupboards to the side and oak flooring;
- hallway with reclaimed stripped oak flooring providing space for a study area with shelving to one wall;
- impressive kitchen/breakfast room with Welsh slate flooring, painted wood kitchen units with oak work tops over, space for a range-style cooker and American-style fridge/freezer and a separate utility room fitted to match the kitchen with stable door to the rear;
- master bedroom suite enjoying a view over the garden to the West towards the Ashdown Forest and to the South with built-in cupboards, decorative fireplace with red gloss tiled slips, a fully-fitted dressing room and a well-appointed bath/shower room;
- four further double bedrooms (one en suite) enjoying an outlook over the garden, and a family bathroom complete the accommodation.
The landscaped gardens are a particularly noteworthy feature, extending to about 0.82 acres and surrounding the property to all sides with several distinct areas for enjoying the sun or shade and many mature trees and shrubs:
- gravel driveway approach from Melfort Road up to a five bar gate opening into a parking and turning area in front of a substantial detached brick garage;
- level areas of lawn to the three sides with well-stocked herbaceous and shrub borders providing year-round colour and interest;
- a backdrop of mature trees positioned on an interesting block of sandstone on the North and East side;
- raised vegetable beds and young fruit trees on the East side, including apple, conference pear and crab apple with a fruit hedge to the boundary.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating, mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council: 01323 443322. Tax Band G (improvement indicator in place).
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discu ss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 2,841 sq ft
Acreage: 0.82 Acres
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44329524.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160204. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.