2 bedroom house for saleBliss Mill, Chipping Norton
Guide Price £550,000
- A waterside stone built three storey mews house
- Set within the exclusive setting of Bliss Mill
- Sitting room and very large kitchen/dining room
- Two bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Private walled courtyard garden
- Communal facilities including swimming pool, gym, tennis and squash courts.
- Allocated parking
A FULLY MODERNISED STONE BUILT WATERSIDE THREE STOREY MEWS HOUSE IN THE EXCLUSIVE SETTING OF BLISS MILL ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF THIS LOVELY MARKET TOWN.
Hall, cloakroom, very large living kitchen/dining room with direct access to a walled courtyard garden, first floor sitting room with direct access to a waterside garden and terrace, exceptionally large 2nd floor master bedroom and luxury shower room, further double bedroom on the first floor and luxury family bathroom with freestanding bath and large separate double shower cubicle, gas central heating via radiators, double glazing, communal garaging, parking, first class leisure facilities: swimming pool, recently re-fitted gym, squash and tennis courts, set in 6.5 acres adjoining beautiful countryside.
<stylerun fontsize=18>GUIDE PRICE £550,000 FREEHOLD</stylerun>
Oxford 21 miles
Stratford upon Avon 21 miles
Banbury 13 miles
Kingham Railway Station 4 miles
M40 14 miles
Kingham to London Paddington by rail approx 1 hr 25 mins
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 17 mins
Directions - From Banbury proceed in a south westerly direction toward Chipping Norton (A361). Travel for approximately 12 miles and continue into the town centre following the road as it bends sharp right sign posted to Evesham and Stow on the Wold (A44). After approximately quarter of a mile Bliss Mill will be found on the left hand side. Follow the drive and signs to the parking area.
Situation - Chipping Norton, "gateway to the Cotswolds" lies approximately 21 miles to the north west of Oxford. It is a charming bustling market town with a number of cafs, bars, restaurants, "foodie" pubs. There is comprehensive shopping, schooling for all ages, a Victorian theatre, leisure centre, sports and social clubs.
The Property - West Lodge forms part of Bliss Mill which is a former Victorian tweed mill which converted into a number of apartments and a few cottages tucked away at the rear. It is a magnificent Grade II Listed Cotswold stone property with its distinctive 165' chimney and many original features which have been retained in the main building. It is set in a secure well managed environment standing in delightful grounds extending to approximately 6.5 acres adjoining miles of open countryside and is in AN AREA OF OUTSTANDING NATURAL BEAUTY. The property is a mews style Listed Grade II house which has been completely refurbished and includes spacious accommodation on three floors complemented by modern luxury fittings. Unlike any other property in this development there is direct access from the kitchen/dining room to a private walled courtyard garden with stunning views of the clock tower and chimney whilst from the sitting room there is direct access to a larger water side terrace and garden with outlooks over the adjoining weir and mini lake. Whilst it would be a wonderful place to live on a full time basis it also represents an ideally "lock up and leave" opportunity for those with properties elsewhere. In addition to the lovely gardens, weir and mini lake there are first class communal facilities including a private leisure complex. There is a swimming pool, recently updated gym, squash and tennis court and allocated parking in the old weaving shed and additional external communal parking for residents and visitors alike.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main details are as follows:
* A fully modernised three storey mews house forming part of the magnificent and historic Grade II Listed Bliss Mill.
* Located on the outskirts of this delightful bustling Cotswold market town.
* Spacious accommodation on three floors complemented by new luxury fittings.
* Ground floor hall and cloakroom with a white suite.
* Very large living kitchen/dining room with a range of cream gloss shaker style base and eye level units with built in brushed aluminium oven, luxury five burner hob and integrated extractor over, integrated fridge and freezer, integrated dishwasher, plumbing for washing machine, former fireplace with built-in cupboard, large open plan living/dining area with three windows to the front and further french window to the side with direct access to a private walled courtyard garden with stunning views of the clock tower and chimney.
* First floor sitting room with fireplace and french windows leading directly to waterside terrace and garden with outlooks over the weir and mini lake as well as the clock tower and chimney above.
* First floor second bedroom which is a double room with two windows to front.
* First floor family bathroom with a new white suite comprising freestanding double ended bath, large fully tiled separate shower cubicle, window, heated towel rail.
* Second floor landing with doors to built in cupboard/wardrobe, hatch to loft.
* Exceptionally large main bedroom, two windows to front and one to rear overlooking the water, door to built in wardrobe.
* Shower room with a new white suite comprising a very large walk-in fully tiled shower cubicle, wash hand basin, WC, window and heated towel rail.
* Gas central heating via radiators and sealed unit double glazed windows.
* Approximately 6.5 acres of lovely communal grounds and gardens with lawns, trees and shaded sitting area.
* A first class range of communal facilities including allocated parking in the former weaving shed and additional external communal parking and visitors parking.
* Leisure complex with swimming pool, jacuzzi, recently refurbished gym, squash court and separate tennis court.
Services - All mains services are connected.
Leasehold - The property is held on a 400 year lease with approximately 375 years remaining. There is an annual maintenance charge of £5200.
Local Authority - West Oxfordshire District Council.
Council Tax Band ?
Viewings - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent's Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey And Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26507309. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.