Get brand editions for Paul Rolfe Sales and Lettings, Linlithgow - Sales

This property has been removed by the agent. It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market

View similar properties

1 bedroom flat for sale

61 Philpingstone Road, Bo'ness

Under Offer £60,000

Property Description

Key features

  • May be bought under the LIFT scheme, if you qualify
  • Stunning modern décor, move-in condition!
  • Short walk to the town centre
  • Great first time buyer property
  • Up to date shower room and kitchen
  • Own back garden with shed
  • All '1s' in Home Report

Full description

Available on the LIFT scheme - Its could be yours, for much less than you think. Possibly as low as £180 per month. See below the property description.

Situated on a desirable road within the amenity rich town of Bo’ness, this stunning one bedroom flat has been lovingly decorated by the current owner and comes to the market in move-in condition. This upper floor flat would be ideal for a first time buyer or buy to let landlord.

The beautifully presented accommodation consists of an entrance stairwell, lounge, double bedroom, fitted kitchen and modern shower room. This great home has its own back garden which features grass lawn and a storage shed.

The property has electric heating.

Early viewing is highly recommended and strictly by appointment only. Interested parties should submit a formal note of interest through their solicitor at the earliest opportunity.

All blinds, curtains and floor coverings will be included in the sale. The white goods are available by negotiation.

Council Tax Band A
EER Band D

LIFT Mortgage Shared Equity Scheme

In recent years the Scottish Government has invested millions of pounds in initiatives designed to help people buy their first home.
With a further £160million being promised in 2016/17 and interest rates remaining at record low levels, there’s never been a better time for aspiring homeowners to get on the housing ladder.

LIFT – or Low-cost Initiative for First Time buyers – is a Scottish Government scheme to help first time buyers who would otherwise struggle to raise a deposit, or have been priced out of the market altogether.

The scheme is called an Open Marked Shared Equity Scheme to help first time buyers secure a property.

The scheme is aimed at people on low to moderate incomes who are not able to secure a big enough mortgage to cover the entire cost of a house.
It sees buyers funding between 60% and 80% of the price of a home, with the Scottish Government making up the shortfall. The buyer will own the property, but the Government will own the percentage stake it has funded. So if a buyer sells, the Government will receive the value of its percentage stake at the time of sale.

You only need a small deposit, sometimes it can be done with no deposit or the Government can further help you with its LIFT ISA and they add to your savings for you.

And while it varies from customer to customer, we may even be able to offer you a mortgage with as little as 0% deposit, turning that once distant dream of buying your own home into reality.

As an example, with the LIFT scheme taking a 40% share, your mortgage would be on the remaining 60% i.e. £36,000 and with a deposit of only £2,000. You would be left with a mortgage of £34,000.
Our estimate is that you would paying a mortgage of around £180 per month for 25 years based on an 4% interest rate.

Paul Rolfe Sales and Letting is not a financial advice company. This is not official advice or a recommendation form us. We have simply quoted a mortgage rate from the website and calculated it on
If you are interested in knowing more, we can provide the names of reputable mortgage advisors. Call us on 01506 828282

More information from this agent

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)

Listing History

Added on Rightmove:
16 September 2016

Map & Street View

Disclaimer - Property reference 7075443. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Paul Rolfe Sales and Lettings, Linlithgow - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.

Map data OpenStreetMap contributors.