4 bedroom house for saleWhite Post Road, Bodicote
Sold STC £585,000
- Charming Grade II Listed residence
- Highly sought after village
- Three reception rooms
- Four bedrooms
- Two kitchens
- Many period features
- Off road car parking
- Large mature rear garden
A CHARMING GRADE II LISTED PERIOD COUNTRY RESIDENCE LOCATED IN A PRIME POSITION WITHIN THIS HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER AND WELL SERVED VILLAGE.
Entrance porch, central entrance hallway, cloakroom/WC, family room, sitting room, dining room, large conservatory, family kitchen, boot room, utility room, second kitchen, first floor landing, master bedroom with en-suite shower room, two further first floor double bedrooms, family bathroom, second floor landing/dressing room, cloakroom/WC, bedroom four, many period features, off road car parking, large mature gardens.
<stylerun fontsize=18>£585,000 FREEHOLD</stylerun>
Banbury town centre 1.25 miles
Banbury train station 1.5 miles
Oxford 24 miles
Chipping Norton 13 miles
Stratford upon Avon 21 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins approx.
Banbury to Oxford by rail 17 mins approx.
Banbury to Birmingham by rail 50 mins approx.
Directions - From Banbury proceed in a Southerly direction toward Oxford (A4260). On the outskirts of the town bear left where signposted to Bodicote and follow the signs turning immediately right and proceed over the flyover. Continue straight on into the village travelling via White Post Road. Continue past the sports field and village hall and the property will be found on the corner of White Post Road and Wykham Lane on the right hand side. A "For Sale" board has been erected for ease of identification.
Situation - BODICOTE lies approximately a mile and a half south of Banbury and within the village amenities include Post Office and stores, two public houses, Indian cuisine restaurant, a primary school, village hall and sports clubs including Banbury Cricket, Banbury Rugby Club and 'Bannatynes' Health and Leisure Club, there is also a bus service to and from the town centre. Junction 11 of the M40 is to be found on the eastern outskirts of Banbury.
The Property - YEW TREE COTTAGE is a beautiful stone built attached family house which is believed to date back to the 17th Century. The accommodation is incredibly spacious and there are many period features including exposed beams, window seats, some original doors, open fireplaces and exposed stonework. Outside there is a lovely mature garden is located to the side of the property. A floorplan has been prepared to show the room sizes and layout. Some of the main features include:
* A prime location in this well served and popular village.
* Spacious entrance hallway with stairs rising to first floor and door giving access to the cloakroom/WC.
* To the front of the property there are two reception rooms, the family room has an open fireplace and a window seat. The sitting room has a beautiful inglenook fireplace housing a wood burning stove, a window to the front and a window to the side.
* At the rear of the property there is a most spacious dining room with a useful storage cupboard and a door leading to the kitchen and double doors that open onto the conservatory.
* The conservatory being at the side of the property has a lovely outlook over the gardens and is an ideal space to relax and entertain.
* The family kitchen has been re-fitted within recent years with a range of modern shaker style eye level cabinets and base units and drawers with work surfaces over housing a one and a half bowl sink and draining board with tiled splashbacks. There is space for a range cooker, space and plumbing for a dishwasher and space for a fridge freezer.
* Located just off the kitchen is a useful boot room and a utility room with a door giving access to the outside, a range of storage cupboards and space and plumbing for a washing machine and space for a tumble dryer. The boiler is located within the utility room.
* There is a large room at the side of the property which is currently used as a working kitchen but has a wide range of uses to suit.
* On the first floor there is a spacious and light landing with built-in storage cupboards, an airing cupboard housing a hot water cylinder and a loft hatch which gives access to the attic which is partially boarded. The master bedroom is a particularly good size and has a range of built-in wardrobes and a feature fireplace and an en-suite shower room.
* There are two further double bedrooms on this floor as well as a family bathroom which is fitted with a white suite.
* On the second floor there is a landing/dressing room which leads onto the fourth bedroom. There is also a cloakroom/WC on this floor.
* Outside the property to the front a gated driveway provides off road car parking for two vehicles. We believe it may be possible to enlarge the parking area if so required. To the Eastern side of the property there is a useful area which currently houses a large timber shed. The main area of garden is located to the other side which is predominantly laid to lawn and which extends to approximately 75' at its longest x 55' at its widest point. There are various well stocked flower and plant borders and established trees including a lovely oak which provides a high degree of privacy.
Services - All mains services are conne4cted. The boiler is located in the utility room.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. Council tax band G.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agents Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26518755. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.