3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleBloxham Road, Banbury
- 1930's semi
- Popular location
- Three bedrooms
- Original features
- Wood floors
- Off road parking for several vehicles
- Approx. 90' rear garden
A SEMI DETACHED 1930'S HOUSE IN A CONVENIENT AND HIGHLY REGARDED ADDRESS.
Hall, re-fitted WC, sitting room, re-fitted kitchen/dining room, three good bedrooms, re-fitted bathroom and separate WC, gas ch via rad, uPVC double glazing, original features, wood floors, off road parking for several vehicles, garage, approx. 90' rear garden.
<stylerun fontsize=20>£360,000 FREEHOLD</stylerun>
Banbury town centre 0.75 miles
Banbury railway station 1.5 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Oxford 22 miles
Chipping Norton 18 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Leamington Spa 19 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Directions - From Banbury Cross proceed in a Southerly direction along South Bar and turn right at the traffic lights where signposted to Chipping Norton (A361). This is Bloxham Road and the property will be found after approximately half a mile on the left hand side and is accessible via the service road.
Situation - BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
The Property - 151 BLOXHAM ROAD is a semi detached house constructed in the 1930's retaining many of its original features including doors with Bakelite furniture, picture rail and fireplaces. There are also wood floors throughout much of the ground floor. There is a range of modern fittings in the kitchen/dining room, cloakroom, bathroom and separate first floor WC. The well proportioned accommodation includes a sitting room with a large bay window to the front whilst at the back the aforementioned kitchen/dining room was created from two separate rooms by the owners and now provides a family orientated open plan area with access to and overlooking the rear garden. On the first floor there are three bedrooms all of which are generously proportioned including the third bedroom which is a large single room.
Externally there is a generous amount of off road parking on the driveway which is divided into two areas by double wooden gated beyond which there is a single garage. The main area of garden lies to the rear which is approximately 90' in length with Apple trees at the back which used to form part of large orchard prior to the house being built.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the room sizes and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features include:
* A semi detached 1930's house in the highly regarded and desirable Bloxham Road.
* Conveniently located within walking distance of the town centre, Horton hospital, recreational facilities including tennis in Horton View and schools for all ages.
* Many period features including picture rails, original doors with Bakelite furniture and fireplaces.
* Re-fitted cloakroom with WC, wash hand basin, radiator, wood floor, wall mounted gas fired boiler and window.
* Sitting room with bay window to front, wood floor, built-in cupboards, open grate fireplace, picture rails.
* Re-fitted open plan kitchen/dining room with a range of shaker style cream and base eye level units with glazed wall cabinets, solid wooden worktops, integrated fridge, gas cooker point, plumbing for dishwasher, large dining area with ample space for table and chairs, wood floor, sliding double glazed patio doors opening to the rear garden, picture rails, fitted shelving and temporarily blocked open grate fireplace with adjacent power point if an electric fire is preferred.
* Landing with hatch to partly boarded loft with light and ladder connected, very deep part shelved walk-in airing cupboard, fitted book shelf, window to side.
* Bedroom one with painted wood floor, bay window to front, built-in wardrobe, original tiled fireplace and picture rails.
* Second bedroom with window to rear, painted wood floor, picture rails and original tiled fireplace.
* Bedroom three which is surprisingly large and has window to front, a door to built-in wardrobe/cupboard and wood floor.
* Re-fitted bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising a shower bath with shower unit over and fully tiled surround, contemporary style bowl wash hand basin, travertine wall tiling, matching floor tiling, window.
* Separate re-fitted WC in white with half tiled travertine walls, matching tiled floor, window.
* Gas central heating via radiators and predominantly uPVC double glazed windows.
* Off road parking on the driveway for several vehicles and a single garage.
* Approx. 90' rear garden comprising lawn and well stocked borders, two Apple trees forming part of a former orchard, personal door to the garage and separate tool shed.
* A door from the driveway opens to a laundry cupboard which has plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, power and light connected.
Services - All mains services are connected. The wall mounted gas fired Potterton boiler is located in the ground floor cloakroom.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. Council tax band D.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agents Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44479419.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26521578. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.