3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleHenfield Common, Henfield
Withdrawn from Market
- A stunning thatched period cottage
- Situated on Henfield Common
- Within walking distance of the village High Street
- Lovely mature gardens with greenhouse, potting shed and studio
- 3 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, modern kitchen.
- Many period features including inglenook fireplace
- Gas central heating. Lovely views
- Off road parking and timber garage
Lavender Cottage is a charming thatched Grade II listed attached period home, situated in the sought-after location of Henfield Common, having views across the Common to the South Downs beyond, yet being within 200 yards of the village High Street and amenities. The accommodation is arranged over two floors, having many original features including fireplaces, multi-paned casement windows, exposed wall and ceiling timbers and latched wooden doors. The property occupies a good size plot that includes delightful well stocked gardens, a timber studio, car parking and a detached garage. The property has only been on the open market twice in the last 100 years, having provided a cherished home for the current owners. The property was originally constructed, we believe, in the 17th Century or earlier and is now faced with grey headers with red brick dressings, quoins, stringcourse and part timbered elevations with some vertical tile hanging under a thatched and part clay tile roof. An internal inspection to fully appreciate this quintessential country cottage is highly recommended.
Historical Note In 1905 Miss Allen and Miss Brown started a violet nursery at Lavender Cottage on the western end of Henfield Common. Violets were the main crop, but carnations and lavender were also grown. The two ladies lived at Holmgarth (now called Providence), and Lavender Cottage alongside was used as a workroom. [Source: ‘Henfield, a Sussex Village’]
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 5390527. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by H J Burt, Henfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.