4 bedroom semi-detached house for saleNew Barn Farm Cottages, Hurstbourne Priors, Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28
- 4 Bedrooms (1 ensuite)
- Wonderful receptions rooms overlooking the garden
- Attractive garden of 0.22 acres
- Consent to build a garage
- Only 2 miles from Whitchurch station (London Waterloo 65 minutes)
Kitchen * Family room * Drawing room * Dining room * Study * 4 bedrooms (1 en suite) * Bathroom * Consent for garage * Garden * Total plot size 0.22 acres * EPC rating C
Elevated above the road 5 New Barn Farm Cottage is an exceptional family house. As the crest on the front elevation indicates, the cottage was once part of the extensive Portsmouth Estate and is thought to date from 1911.
Thoughtfulness and attention to detail are the hall marks of the house. In 2008 the property was substantially extended and modernised by the vendors to a design by Morse Webb Architects. All of the work undertaken was completed with the greatest of care and a particular feature of the design is the impressive 2 storey corner window which helps create the lovely bright atmosphere and maximises the views across the garden and surrounding countryside. The reception rooms are individual yet flow together to create fantastic accommodation for family life and entertaining. The kitchen family room and drawing room with its feature fireplace and delightful outlook exemplify this, combining cosiness with style. The specification of the house is excellent and some of the stand out features are as follows;
* Underfloor heating throughout ground floor.
* Jones of Salisbury kitchen with extensive cupboards and larder space, Italian ground quartz worktops with integrated NEFF dishwasher, gas connection for a range cooker and extraction system.
* Utility room with sink and plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine in addition to a guest WC and sink.
* Thoughtfully designed and fitted shelves and cupboards in the study and drawing room plus the lovely stone fireplace and window seat log store.
There are 4 good double bedrooms, 1 en suite, and a lovely family bathroom. Furthermore there are plenty of cupboards and there is potential to extend the accommodation into the large loft which was designed to facilitate this.
With a large parking area to the front of the house there is consent to build a garage to the side of the house (planning ref BDB/64005). The total plot size is 0.22 acres. The garden is predominantly laid to lawn with fruit trees. At the end of the garden, separated by a beech hedge, is the shed area with an attractive brick and flint wall, gooseberry, red black and white currant and raspberry bushes. Immediately behind the house is a large deck constructed from low maintenance Twinson decking board.
The property is situated to the northwest of Hurstbourne Priors and surrounded by the picturesque North Wessex Downs (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), renowned for its country sports.
5 New Barn Farm is distinctly a country house yet only 2 miles from Whitchurch and the mainline station which has regular services to London Waterloo (65 minutes). The catchment schools are Whitchurch Church of England Primary School and Testbourne Community School, (OFSTED "Outstanding"). There are also thriving Primary Schools in St Mary Bourne and Longparish. Farleigh, Cheam and Horris Hill Schools are less than 11 miles away, with Pilgrims', St Swithun's, Prince's Mead, Twyford and Winchester College in the Winchester area.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44592765.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WIN150196. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Carter Jonas, Winchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.