6 bedroom character property for saleHuntingdon Road, Thrapston, Kettering
Offers in Excess of
- Magnificent Grade II listed period residence
- Substantial accommodation over three floors
- Includes separate self-contained annexe
- Private gardens with separate Coach House
- Ample parking with double garage block
*Magnificent period home*Substantial accommodation*Separate self-contained annexe*6 Bedrooms*Games room*Double garage*Separate Coach House*
A majestic, Grade II listed period residence, standing on a particularly generous plot in this popular, East Northamptonshire market town. Located close to local shops, schools and recreational facilities, further excellent communication links are close by, via the A14 including mainline services to London, from Huntingdon and Wellingborough respectively. A point worthy of note is the property offers a self-contained annexe, with potential business use, subject to planning.
4.85m x 4.39m (15'11" x 14'5") An original hardwood door opens into the reception hall which has a staircase to the first floor. French doors to conservatory, an under stairs cupboard. Two piece cloakroom in the rear hall with stairs to the cellar which has a wine store and storage area.
6.45m x 4.34m (21'2" x 14'3"). Georgian sash windows, some of which have shutters, are a key feature to this room. It also has panelled walls, wood flooring and a fire place with painted surround and wooden mantel.
5.49m x 4.32m (18' x 14'2"). Cast iron fireplace with a gas coal effect fire. The Georgian sash windows are to the front which has cupboards below.
There are double doors which lead to the garden, a glazed roof and wood effect flooring.
5.66m x 3.68m (18'7" x 12'1").This room has wood effect flooring throughout and a brick surrounded electric fire with a tiled hearth.
3.28m x 2.67m (10'9" x 8'9"). This room has wood effect flooring throughout and benefits from fitted shelving and storage cupboards.
7.14m x 4.22m (23'5" x 13'10"). Comprehensively fitted with a range of wooden units with granite work surfaces, space for fridge, integrated dishwasher, space for a range cooker, double butler sink. The flooring is tiled throughout with a stable door leading to the side garden.
4.32m x 3.30m (14'2" x 10'10"). There is an archway leading from the kitchen to this room which has French doors leading to the side garden and an arched window overlooking the rear garden.
This room has a window to the side and a range of fitted units.
4.29m x 4.01m (14'1" x 13'2"). This room benefits from sash windows that overlook the side garden with wood effect flooring and a cast iron fireplace with a wooden surround.
The kitchen is fitted with a range of units, space for two appliances, stainless-steel sink and a fitted oven and gas hob with cooker hood.
3.84m x 3.78m (12'7" x 12'5"). This annex has its own separate entrance and windows with a lovely view overlooking the park.
4.27m x 2.95m (14' x 9'8") Windows to two sides and a connecting door which leads to bedroom two
4.24m x 3.10m (13'11" x 10'2") Benefits from windows to the side and fitted shelving.
With access from the inner hallway, three piece suite with a shower over the bath, tiled flooring and window overlooking the rear garden.
There are two stair cases that lead to the second floor which has a sash window to the rear.
7.85m x 4.44m (25'9" x 14'7"). This master bedroom has original Georgian sash windows to the front, fitted wardrobes with a dressing area.
A fully tiled four piece en suite bathroom including a roll top free standing claw foot bathroom with window the the front.
5.72m x 3.25m (18'9" x 10'8"). There are original Georgian windows to the front and a cast iron fireplace.
4.90m x 4.29m (16'1" x 14'1"). There is a Victorian cast iron fireplace with tiled inserts and a wooden surround.
4.29m x 4.19m (14'1" x 13'9"). Windows to two sides with an Arts and Crafts cast iron fireplace.
4.01m x 3.68m (13'2" x 12'1"). There is a Victorian cast iron fireplace and a window overlooking the garden.
3.66m x 2.46m (12' x 8'1"). There are a range of fitted wardrobes and a window to the side overlooking the garden.
Three piece suite with shower over the bath, tiled flooring, and timber panelling.
5.77m x 4.44m (18'11" x 14'7") Benefits from 1920s tiled fireplace, sash windows to three sides and a walk in safe.
ATTIC ROOM ONE
7.39m x 3.71m (24'3'' x 12'2''). Stairs from main landing lead to this attic room that has a window overlooking the park.
Four piece white en suite with freestanding roll top bath. Tiled flooring with exposed beams
ATTIC ROOM TWO
5.38m x 3.66m (17'8'' x 12'0''). There are exposed beams and windows to the front.
TWO FURTHER ATTIC ROOMS
They have laminate flooring throughout, window to the side and original beams and a washroom area.
The property occupies a prominent position along Huntingdon Road, close to the heart of this desirable East Northamptonshire, market town.
Generous formal lawned gardens to rear with private walled gardens to side, gravelled driveway to:-
DETACHED GARAGE BLOCK
(18'8'' x 18'4''). Two electronically operated doors.
SEPARATE COACH HOUSE
(18'2'' x 15'0''). Private gated access with Vehicular access onto Oundle Road.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference THR100449. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Sharman Quinney, Thrapston. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.