3 bedroom cottage for saleMilcombe
Sold STC £450,000
- An attractive stone cottage Adjoining meadows over which there are some lovely outlooks
- Two reception rooms
- Kitchen with aga
- Three double bedrooms
- Two garages and off road parking
- Central heating
Full descriptionAN ATTRACTIVE STONE COTTAGE STANDING IN A MATURE AND PLEASANT GARDEN ADJOINING MEADOWS OVER WHICH THERE ARE SOME LOVELY OUTLOOKS.
Entrance porch, sitting room, dining room, kitchen with aga, cloakroom, study, three double bedrooms, bathroom, two garages and off road parking, central heating.
<stylerun fontsize=18>GUIDE PRICE £450,000 FREEHOLD</stylerun>
Banbury 5 miles
Chipping Norton 9 miles
Oxford 20 miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 7 miles
Banbury railway station 6 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 55 mins
Directions - From Banbury take the A361 Chipping Norton road. After approximately 3 miles Bloxham village will be reached and having left the village on the Chipping Norton side take the first right hand turning signposted to Milcombe and Hook Norton. Having entered Milcombe continue on the main road passing the church on your left hand side and the driveway to Holly Cottage will be found on the left almost immediately opposite the bus stop sign which will be seen on your right. A "For Sale" board has been erected for ease of identification.
Situation - MILCOMBE lies approx. 5 miles South West of Banbury. Within the village there is a public house, parish church, local store and post office. The larger village of BLOXHAM lies approximately 1 mile away and here there are excellent daily facilities to include shops, public houses/restaurants, churches of differing denominations, golf and driving range, doctors and dentists surgeries. The property lies within the catchment area of the Warriner School at Bloxham and is within easy reach of the private Tudor Hall School and Bloxham College.
The Property - A floorplan has been prepared to show the room sizes and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features include:
* A stone and slate cottage which has modernised and extended over the years to provide family accommodation.
* Formerly part of the wing of a larger dwelling and attached thereto.
* Attractive stone mullioned windows.
* Light and airy accommodation and rooms are of good proportions.
* Pleasant situation towards the edge of the village and well set back from the village street having an attractive approach over its own private pavioured driveway.
* Entrance porch leading to the sitting room which has a feature period stone fireplace.
* Good sized dining room for entertaining.
* Well planned and fitted kitchen with oil fired new aga. A range of base units having working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, eye level cabinets, single drainer sink unit with mixer tap, plumbing for automatic washing machine, plumbing for automatic dishwasher, space for fridge freezer, ceramic tiled splashbacks, extractor, electric meter cupboards.
* Cloakroom/shower room with WC, wash basin, shower cubicle, ceramic tiled walls, extractor.
* Rear hall with built-in cupboard housing oil fired central heating boiler, door to rear canopy porch and outside.
* Study with trap to roof space, built-in cupboards, telephone point.
* Large landing with trap to roof space, built-in airing cupboard having hot water cylinder fitted with electric immersion heater, additional built-in storage cupboard.
* Three double bedrooms, the main bedroom having built-in wardrobes.
* Bathroom having white suite comprising bath, wash basin, WC, shaver light, ceramic tiled walls.
* The property stands in a good sized garden with access over a pavioured driveway which leads to a car parking area in front of the garaging. The gardens are mature and well stocked featuring lawned areas, flower and shrub beds, deciduous and evergreen trees plus some fruit trees.
Double Garage - With light and power within. Adjacent small stone outbuilding behind oil tank.
Services - Mains water, electricity and drainage connected. Oil fired central heating with the boiler being in a cupboard in the rear hall.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agents Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44664132.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26539458. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.