4 bedroom detached house for saleGrove Place, Winchester, Hampshire, SO22
Guide Price £995,000
- Flexible accommodation with annexe potential
- Period house in immaculate condition
- Large garage with additional parking for 2/3 cars
- Fully enclosed garden and terrace area
3 Reception rooms * 4 Bedrooms * Dining room/bedroom 5 * 2 Bathrooms * Study * Kitchen breakfast room * Utility room * Hayloft * Garden * Garage * EPC rating D
16 Grove Place is an attractive period house, originally thought to be the grooms house and hay barn for the Rockingham Estate. Extended in the 1970's and again more recently, it has carefully been extensively refurbished and extended by the current owners whilst retaining and adding to much of the original detail and character of the property. The house has an interesting layout having had the original stables incorporated into the accommodation.
Currently presented as a delightful family home it offers flexible living space which is arranged over the ground and first floors and could be restructured to present annexe potential, subject to the necessary consents.
* In 2014 a 2 storey extension was added to create the garden room and master bedroom with en suite
* 3 further double bedrooms plus a dining room or 5th bedroom
* Large kitchen with unusual high paneled ceiling,
reconditioned AGA, original built-in pine larder cupboard and separate utility room
* 3 excellent reception rooms including the family room with vaulted ceiling and access to Hayloft as well as the light and bright drawing room overlooking the garden
The property is approached via a no-through road leading to a private gravelled area to the right and tarmac frontage to the large garage which provides parking for 3 cars. There is an attractive traditional brick and glass garden/potting shed and wood store on the gravelled area. The garden which wraps itself around the house is attractively arranged with paved seating areas, lawn and well stocked beds, and has been thoughtfully divided into separate spaces offering a variety of uses. It is enclosed by brick walls and wooden panel fencing making it both private and secure.
Grove Place is situated in a quiet residential area to the north of the historic Winchester city centre with its many shops, cafes and restaurants as well as amenities such as the theatre, library, cinema and leisure centre. A regular bus service runs into the city centre. Close by are a number of excellent schools with Weeke Primary, Henry Beaufort Secondary School and Winchester's Sixth Form College, Peter Symonds all being within walking distance.
Communications links by road, rail and air are excellent. The mainline station is approximately 1 mile away with regular trains to London Waterloo in an hour. The M3 provides access to London, to the north and the M27, as well as to the south coast and the New Forest. Southampton Airport offers daily flights to a variety of UK and European destinations.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44698971.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WIN160144. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Carter Jonas, Winchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.