8 bedroom detached house for saleThe Old Parsonage, Loftus Hill, Sedbergh, Cumbria
- A magnificent and highly distinctive detached three storey house of impressive proportions.
- Comprehensively refurbished and sympathetically upgraded to create a beautifully presented, elegant and characterful family home.
- Very fine reception hall with original mahogany staircase.
- Three large reception rooms and a spacious kitchen with an Aga stove.
- Extensive range of ancillary accommodation including a study, utility room, boot room, linen room, store rooms and cellars.
- Master bedroom with en-suite dressing room, six further bedrooms and a second floor playroom/sitting room.
- Two bathrooms and a shower room.
- New double glazed, timber framed windows and new gas fired central heating and electric heating.
- Extensive and beautifully laid out gardens and woodland grounds together with a field of pasture and meadow totalling 4.85 acres.
- Fine elevated edge of town location with fabulous views.
*YORKSHIRE DALES NATIONAL PARK*
A magnificent detached three storey house of impressive proportions, considerably upgraded and improved to create an elegant, versatile and impressively spacious family home together with a garage, a long approach drive and delightful
gardens and grounds including a field, in all around 4.85 acres. Beautiful edge of town location with superb views. Energy Rating "E".
The Old Parsonage is one of the finest properties of its type in the area, wholly situated within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. This splendid detached three storey house was built in the 1860's by the Church for a local "gentleman" vicar and it remained a vicarage for over 150 years when the Diocese of Bradford sold the property in 2013. The property has since undergone a comprehensive programme of refurbishment and improvement to create a stylish and elegant family home with versatile and exceptionally spacious accommodation, appointed to a very high standard throughout.
The house is discreetly positioned well away from the road and is approached via a long, tree lined driveway which leads to the house where there is ample parking for several cars.
The delightfully laid out gardens and grounds have been considerably improved and extended by the recent purchase of additional land. The house is now surrounded by sweeping lawns together with a wooded area, an array of fine specimen trees, herbaceous borders and an orchard. The gardens extend to around two acres and there is an adjoining field of around 2.85 acres of pasture and meadow.
The property occupies a fine elevated position on the southern periphery of Sedbergh with stunning, uninterrupted views across open countryside towards the surrounding fells.
The property is well placed for ease of access into Sedbergh, an important, historic town which has a very highly regarded private school and an excellent range of independent shops.
Sedbergh is approximately four miles east of junction 37 of the M6 motorway on the A684 road. Heading into Sedbergh from the motorway turn right signposted to Dent. Follow the road to a T-junction at Loftus Hill and turn right onto the Dent road. The Old Parsonage is the last property on the left.
Sedbergh is convenient for junction 37 of the M6 motorway and perfectly placed for exploring the Yorkshire Dales and Howgill Fells. Nearby towns and villages include Kirkby Lonsdale, Dent and Kirkby Stephen. Sedbergh is also within reasonable driving distance of Kendal, the Lake District, Penrith and Lancaster.
GARDENS, GROUNDS AND LAND
A sweeping driveway lined with trees leads to the house and a wide parking area with ample space for the parking of several motor vehicles.
The house stands within extensive gardens and grounds of around two acres with lawns, herbaceous borders, a wooded area, a fine array of deciduous and coniferous trees and a recently planted orchard.
Adjacent to the south-easterly boundary of the gardens is an enclosure of pasture and meadow of around 2.85 acres with direct access onto the highway. A public footpath passes through the field, not visible from the house and gardens. The owner allows a local farmer to use the field on an informal basis for the grazing of sheep and for a crop of grass however vacant possession is available on completion.
Mains gas, electricity, water and drainage. Gas fired central heating and electric heating.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44725698.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN150209. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.