3 bedroom cottage for saleBlacksmiths Hill, Aynho
Sold STC £375,000
- A charming characterful Grade II listed cottage
- Pleasantly located within this most popular village
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Dining/family room
- Sitting room
- Three double bedrooms
- Luxurious bathroom
- Gas central heating
- Walled garden
Full descriptionA CHARMING CHARACTERFUL GRADE II LISTED COTTAGE, PLEASANTLY LOCATED WITHIN THIS MOST POPULAR VILLAGE.
Kitchen/breakfast room, dining/family room, sitting room, three double bedrooms, luxurious bathroom, gas central heating, walled garden.
<stylerun fontsize=20>£375,000 FREEHOLD</stylerun>
Banbury 6 miles
Bicester 9 miles
Junction 10 (M40 motorway) 4 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Rail connections to London also from Kings Sutton (2 miles) and Bicester North
Directions - From Banbury proceed in a Southerly direction towards Oxford (A4260). On reaching the traffic lights in Adderbury turn left where signposted to Aynho and Bicester (B4100). After approximately 3 miles Aynho will be reached and on entering the village turn left into Charlton Road, proceed up the hill and turn right into Butts Close. Blacksmiths Hill can be found as the first turning on the right hand side where number 35 will be seen as the first property on the right.
Situation - AYNHO is a pleasant and relatively unspoilt village ideally located for junction 10 of the M40 motorway at Ardley or junction 11 located on the eastern outskirts of Banbury. There are rail links to London from the neighbouring village of Kings Sutton as well as Banbury and Bicester. Amenities within the village include a parish church and public house.
The Property - 35 BLACKSMITHS HILL, AYNHO is a charming characterful period property which is most pleasantly located on this quiet road within the village. The property is Grade II Listed and has beautifully presented spacious accommodation which is arranged over three floors. period features include original floorboards, a large inglenook fireplace, beamed ceilings and exposed stonework. A floorplan has been prepared to show the room sizes and layout, some of the main features include:
* Spacious kitchen/breakfast room, well fitted with a range of modern eye level cabinets and base units and drawers with granite work surfaces over housing a Butlers sink. There is a central breakfast bar housing a four ring gas hob, two floor to ceiling built-in cabinets, a double oven, understairs storage cupboard, space for a fridge freezer, tiled floor, wall mounted gas boiler, space and plumbing for washing machine, staircase giving access to the first floor landing.
* In the middle of the house there is a spacious dining room which has a lovely tiled floor and an attractive wood panelled wall, ceiling beams, door to the rear passage and door to the sitting room.
* At the rear of the property there is a useful lean-to room which has an attractive wooden floor and could be used as a utility room or further accommodation subject to planning permission.
* The sitting room is spacious and is a most pleasant room with exposed stone walls, a large inglenook fireplace housing a wood burning stove, a door and window to the front and a staircase giving access to the first floor.
* On the first floor there are two large interconnecting bedrooms. Bedroom two has stripped wooden floorboards, beamed ceilings and a windowseat. This room leads onto an inner landing with a staircase which descends into the kitchen.
* Bedroom three has beautiful original floorboards, beamed ceilings, a windowseat and stairs that rise to the second floor bedroom.
* The family bathroom is most spacious and is beautifully fitted and decorated. There is a free standing roll top bath, large shower cubicle, WC, wash hand basin, airing cupboard, wood flooring, heated towel rail.
* On the second floor there is a large master bedroom built into the roof space. This room is part carpeted and part painted floorboards. There are windows on three sides with some fantastic views of the surrounding countryside.
* Outside the property there is a private walled garden which is predominantly laid to lawn with a paved seating area in the one corner. There are well stocked flower and plant borders and a gate which gives access into the street.
* At the rear of the property there is a pathway which leads into Butts Close.
Services - All mains services are connected. Gigaclear super fast broadband available.
Local Authority - South Northants District Council. Council tax band E.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agents Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26557513. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.