Property for saleSizergh Fell Quarry, Levens, Kendal, Cumbria
- Superb, elevated site between the village and Sizergh Castle.
- Convenient for village amenities and facilities, Kendal, M6 and the arterial A590.
- Outline planning consent for five detached houses and a terrace of three.
- Fine south easterly views.
- Mains water, electricity and gas are reasonably accessible alongside.
- Ability to construct a waste water treatment plant with associated soakaway/drainage system on adjacent land owned by the sellers, at no extra cost.
- Outline Planning Permission.
- No local occupancy conditions or affordable homes.
- No community infrastructure levy.
- Exclusive residential site in the National Park on the periphery of this sought after village.
Outstanding Residential Development Site in the Lake District National Park. Outline planning permission for erection of eight dwellings. About 1.4 acres [0.57 hectares]. There are no requirements for affordable housing and local occupancy conditions do not apply.
For Sale by Informal Tender, closing date Monday 21st November 2016 at 12 noon.
Guide Price: £800,000 - £900,000
The precise location and extent of the site are shown edged red on the plan with these particulars, being a plan produced by the architects engaged by Levens Parish Council, Damson Consultants.
The access to the site is off the lane, which runs alongside the south easterly boundary of the site. This is a public highway.
To the west and left of the proposed entrance drive into the site is the terrace of three houses. To the right and end of the cul-de-sac are the five proposed detached dwellings.
The site has the spectacular back drop of the former quarry face.
The full site, as shown edged red on the enclosed plan extends to an estimated area of 1.4 acres.
From Kendal, following the bypass in a southerly direction towards Junction 36, just after Sizergh Farm, turn left to Brettargh Holt junction. Turn right off the dual carriageway on to the lane which is signposted Heaves and Sizergh. Take the first turn right past the new farm development and a terrace of houses on the right and the site is on the left.
Local facilities in the village include Strickland Arms just below the site, recreation ground, church, Methodist Chapel, shop, village inn and a primary school.
The location plan herewith indicates the situation of the site. The precise extent and location of the site is shown edged red on the site plan, Scale 1:500, herewith.
Sizergh Fell Quarry is between Heaves Hotel and Sizergh Castle on the easterly side of Levens village. Extremely well placed for communication purposes, with Brettargh Holt junction a few minutes drive, the M6, Junction 36 3 miles, and Kendal 4 miles.
Mains water, electricity and gas available alongside.
The site has the benefit of outline planning permission under South Lakeland District Council reference SL/2015/0257, a copy of which is incorporated in these particulars of sale.
Potential buyers attention is referred to the conditions contained in the planning consent.
Condition 3 of the planning consent, dated 6th July 2016, relates to the date of commencement of the proposed development which shall begin not later than two years from the date of approval of the reserved matters to be approved.
All the conditions within the planning consent are considered to be fair and reasonable and are standard for planning permissions of this nature.
Potential buyers are recommended to consult with the Planning Authority, details of which are contained in these particulars of sale.
A design and access statement and sustainability assessment is available for inspection at the selling agents offices and also on line.
METHOD OF SALE
The land is available for sale by Informal Tender.
All offers must be submitted to the selling agents offices no later than 12 noon on Monday 21st November 2016.
Tenders must be submitted on the tender form with these particulars of sale.
The anticipated timescale for the sale is exchange of contracts no later than six weeks from the date of acceptance of the offer with a completion date 28 days thereafter, or earlier by mutual arrangement.
The land may be inspected at any reasonable time provided a copy of these particulars are in possession.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44808267.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN160138. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.