6 bedroom detached house for saleHolmewood Ridge, Langton Green, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN3
- well-presented light and spacious home
- sought-after private road
- 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 4,345 sq ft
- attractive mature garden
- swimming pool and summer house
- about 0.42 acres
- detached garage and driveway parking
- EPC Rating = C
A well-presented contemporary detached house offering 4,345 sq ft of generously-proportioned, adaptable accommodation on this sought-after private road, with secluded gardens, in all extending to about 0.42 acres
The property is located on a sought-after road in Langton Green with its local shops, public house and village green, about 2.1 miles to the West of Tunbridge Wells.
Tunbridge Wells is the only spa town in the Southeast of England, with elegant architecture and a variety of cultural, entertainment and shopping attractions, including the Chalybeate Spring, two theatres, cafés and restaurants and a mixture of national multiple retailers and independent shops.
State and private schools: Langton Green Primary School (rated "Outstanding" in the latest Ofsted report) and Holmewood House preparatory school in Langton. Many other well-regarded schools in the area including boys' and girls' grammar schools in Tunbridge Wells and Tonbridge and independent secondary schools in Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and Mayfield.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (2.6 miles) with regular services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street with journey times from 50 minutes.
Communications: The A21 lies just to the North of Tunbridge Wells, linking through to the M25 (junction 5) London orbital motorway and thereby to the national motorway network, and to the south coast. Gatwick Airport is about 22 miles to the West, accessible via the motorway or via the A264.
- entrance hall
- family room
- sitting room
- dining room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- gym/bedroom 6
- utility room
- shower room
- galleried landing
- master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 double bedrooms en suite
- double bedroom with mezzanine
- family bathroom
- detached garage
- summer house
- swimming pool
- gardens to front and rear
- about 0.42 acres
- EPC = C
Set well back from the private road, 21 Holmewood Ridge is a generously-proportioned light and spacious house which has been extended and extensively upgraded by the current owners to provide stylish, adaptable accommodation well-suited to modern family life. The property is located less than half a mile from Holmewood House School and about 2.1 miles from Tunbridge Wells. Further points of note include:
- laminate wood flooring to the entrance hall, kitchen, side hall and gym;
- kitchen/breakfast room fitted with a contemporary range of wall and base units under granite work surfaces. Integrated appliances include a range-style cooker, a dishwasher, freezer and wine fridge. Space for an American-style fridge/freezer;
- side hall giving access to the rear garden terrace and to a shower room, utility room and gym/possible sixth bedroom. Secondary staircase leading to the first floor, offering potential for annexe accommodation with independent access if required;
- large triple-aspect L-shaped drawing room with a stone fireplace and two sets of bifold doors opening out to the garden terrace;
- dining room and family room giving further living space;
- galleried landing with a large picture window to the front and built-in cupboards;
- master bedroom with a delightful view over the garden through double French doors, a dressing area with extensive fitted cupboards and a well-appointed en suite shower room;
- three en suite double bedrooms, one with French doors overlooking the garden and one with access to the secondary staircase leading down to the side hall;
- a further double bedroom with a mezzanine and a family bathroom complete the accommodation.
The house is approached from the road over a gravel driveway leading to a detached garage and an ample parking and turning area in front of the house. Mature clipped evergreen hedging provides effective screening from the road and shelter to the level area of lawn flanked by mixed border beds which lies to the side of the drive.
A path leads up the side of the house to the South-facing rear garden terrace which spans across the back of the house, creating an ideal space for al fresco living and entertaining. A lawn sweeps down from below the terrace towards the fenced rear boundary, with mature evergreen hedging and established trees to the side boundaries giving a good level of privacy and a stately oak tree offering a focal point. A swimming pool with paved surround, enclosed by wrought iron fencing set between brick piers and a curved hedge, lies just beyond the main terrace, to the western side of the garden. A brick-built summer house to the East has potential for a variety of uses.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Current tax band G.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They a ssume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 4,345 sq ft
Acreage: 0.42 Acres
From central Tunbridge Wells, head West out of town on the A264 (Church Road). Carry straight on at the crossroads on the Common, turning left at the top of the road to stay on the A264. After about 1.7 miles, pass the first turning into Holmewood Ridge on your left and take the next left turn into Barrow Lane, then taking the first right into Holmewood Ridge. Number 21 will be found after about 180 yards on the left-hand side, the sixth house along.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44831064.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160366. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.