1 bedroom house boat for saleThistleworth Marine, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7
- A secure mooring on a beautiful end-of-pontoon location on the Thames.
- Fantastic 360 degree views of the river.
- Small, yet thoughtfully designed with adaptable spaces and elbow room.
- Ample storage space.
- Well equipped kitchen and a powerful shower.
- Excellent travel links; get to central London in 20 mins from Richmond station.
- The location is perfect for river travel - convienant for trips up or down river.
- Many shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants within walking radius.
- The marina is well maintained and has a friendly and supportive community.
- Stunning local wildlife, including swans, herons, kingfishers, cormarants, etc.
We gladly offer this rare opportunity to cash buyers to fully own a residential mooring and houseboat on the Thames! This one bedroom boat and mooring is on a marina which is owned by its residents, for its residents, and as such the marina offers very low mooring fees and superb long-term freehold security.
Situated on the tidal Thames in the borough of Richmond, this 31ft converted lifeboat enjoys beautiful 360 degree views from its picturesque end-of-pontoon location. Well presented and well maintained, the interior was built by its carpenter owner with an emphasis on the practicalities of everyday living and comfort. Despite its compact size, the boat boasts ample storage space. Situated by an island nature reserve and opposite Richmond's Old Deer Park, it is surrounded by a stunning variety of wildlife and a landscape which changes with the tide.
The layout consists of wheelhouse/lounge, kitchen and bedroom with en suite shower/toilet. The boat has mains electricity, and is wired for phone and internet. It uses bottled gas for cooking and hot water, and has a multifuel stove for winter heating. The toilet is connected to the marina's fully automatic sewage system. The boat is currently “non-going” but could be converted back again with some work. Included in the sale is “Merry Minutes”, a 15ft launch with inboard diesel motor and removable tent roof.
The marina is owned by its residents through a limited company, which functions as a co-operative. Moorings, which are pontoon based, are commensurate with a share ownership in the company proportional to the size of craft. The purchase includes the 31ft boat and its associated shares in the company which represent the boat's mooring space.
There is no stamp duty land tax payable, and unlike other marinas, there is no “buyer's premium” to pay.
Marina fees are currently £90 a month and cover maintenance costs, water supply and PLA tax. Council Tax, which for boats is band A, currently costs £1,054.93 annually.
The property is available for immediate occupancy.
This offer is not part of a chain and is open to CASH BUYERS ONLY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44836521.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference x8o-6q3y. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Emoov, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.