3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleChapel Street, Hook Norton
Sold STC £265,000
- A characterful Victorian semi detached house
- Three Bedrooms
- Lounge/dining room
- Ground floor bathroom
- uPVC double glazing
- Oil fired central heating
- Large mature rear garden
A CHARACTERFUL VICTORIAN SEMI DETACHED HOUSE WITH AN INCREDIBLY LARGE REAR GARDEN PLEASANTLY AND CONVENIENTLY LOCATED WITHIN THE HEART OF THIS WELL SERVED AND POPULAR VILLAGE.
Lounge/dining room, kitchen, ground floor bathroom, three bedrooms, cellar, uPVC double glazing, oil fired central heating, large mature rear garden.
<stylerun fontsize=20>£265,000 FREEHOLD</stylerun>
Banbury town centre 8 miles
Chipping Norton 5 miles
M40 (J11) 10 miles
Oxford 22 miles
Stow on the Wold 15 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Directions - From Banbury proceed in a Southwesterly direction towards Chipping Norton (A361). Having travelled through Bloxham turn right where signposted to Hook Norton and Milcombe. Continue until Hook Norton is reached. Proceed along Station Road and follow the road as it meanders through the village and turns into Chapel Street. Stay on this road where the property will be found on the left hand side and can be recognised by our "For Sale" board.
Situation - HOOK NORTON is an attractive and thriving village which is particularly popular. There are a range of amenities to include a general store, post office, primary school, a church, veterinary surgery, doctors surgery, dentist, library and three public houses. Some lovely countryside surrounds and there are two golf courses at Rye Hill and Tadmarton Heath both about ten minutes drive. Communications are excellent with the M40 motorway within 10 miles and trains to London from either Banbury (approximately 55 minutes) to Marylebone, or Kingham Station (approximately 80 minutes) to Paddington.
The Property - HAYDUM is a charming Victorian semi detached house which is pleasantly located in the heart of this thriving and popular village. The living accommodation is arranged over two floors and there is also a useful cellar. One of the main features the property has is its extremely large rear garden which extends to approximately 100' at its longest point and 90' at its widest point. We have prepared a floorplan to show the room sizes and layout, some of the main features include:
* Popular village location.
* Spacious sitting/dining room with a door and window to the front and a window to the rear.
* There is a fireplace with a Parkray (which burns solid fuel) which is not in operation.
* The kitchen is fitted with a range of eye level cabinets and base units and drawers with work surfaces over housing a single bowl sink and draining board. There is space for a cooker, space for a fridge and space and plumbing for a washing machine.
* Beyond the kitchen there is a useful lobby which has a door to the garden and a door leading into the ground floor bathroom which is fitted with a white suite.
* On the first floor there are three bedrooms. Bedroom one is a good sized double room and bedrooms two and three are both singles.
* At the front of the property there is a low maintenance shingled garden which has an attractive stone wall and a pathway leading to the front door. The main area of garden is located to the rear and is an exceptional size. There is a paved seating area adjoining the house (the adjoining cottage has a right of way to cross this area and gain access to the driveway of the bungalow next door) The garden is L-shaped as it dog legs over the neighbouring properties and beyond. At its longest point it extends to approximately 100' and at its widest point approximately 90'.
Services - All mains services are connected.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. Council tax band C.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agents Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44864244.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26566469. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.