3 bedroom link detached house for saleBourne Lane, Hook Norton
- An attractive non-estate modern stone house
- Pleasantly located towards the edge of this highly regarded and well served village between Chipping Norton and Banbury
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility room
- Living room
- Three bedrooms
- Private rear garden,
- Garage and car parking
- Central heating and double glazing
AN ATTRACTIVE NON-ESTATE MODERN STONE HOUSE PLEASANTLY LOCATED TOWARDS THE EDGE OF THIS HIGHLY REGARDED AND WELL SERVED VILLAGE BETWEEN CHIPPING NORTON AND BANBURY.
Entrance porch, entrance hall, shower room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, living room, orangery, three bedrooms, bathroom, private rear garden, garage and car parking, central heating, double glazing.
<stylerun fontsize=20>£400,000 FREEHOLD</stylerun>
Banbury town centre 8 miles
Chipping Norton 5 miles
M40 (J11) 10 miles
Oxford 22 miles
Stow on the Wold 15 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx. 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx. 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx. 17 mins
Directions - From Banbury take the A361 Chipping Norton road. Travel through the village of Bloxham and on the far side take the right and turning signposted for Milcombe and Hook Norton. Having virtually passed through Milcombe fork right at The Horse & Groom public house and follow this road for approximately 3 miles until the public house known as The Gate Hangs High is reached. Turn left here towards Hook Norton. As you enter the village take the first right hand turning into Bourne Lane and the property will be found a short distance along on the left hand side where a "For Sale" board has been erected for ease of identification.
Situation - HOOK NORTON is an attractive and thriving village which is particularly popular. There are a range of amenities to include a general store, post office, primary school, a church, veterinary surgery, doctors surgery, dentist, library and three public houses. Some lovely countryside surrounds and there are two golf courses at Rye Hill and Tadmarton Heath both about ten minutes drive. Communications are excellent with the M40 motorway within 10 miles and trains to London from either Banbury (approximately 55 minutes) to Marylebone, or Kingham Station (approximately 80 minutes) to Paddington.
The Property - We have prepared a floorplan to show the room sizes and layout, some of the main features include:
* A link detached modern house constructed of stone and tile.
* Attractively situated in a non-estate position on the edge of this popular village.
* Providing light and airy accommodation of good proportions.
* Entrance porch with high ceiling, downer spotlights, timber composite stained glass front door.
* Entrance hall with stairs to first floor, telephone point, wall mounted thermostat.
* Cloakroom/shower room with WC, wash basin with mixer tap, large shower cubicle, underfloor heating, tiled floor, downer spotlighting, velux roof window in pitched ceiling.
* Kitchen/breakfast room having Belfast sink with mixer tap, base units having wooden working surfaces, cupboards and drawers, eye level cabinets, corner cupboard, plate rack, shelving, wine rack. Plenty of space for a dining table, plumbing for automatic dishwasher, ceramic tiled splashbacks, ceramic tiled floor, double oven, cooker extractor hood, ceramic hob.
* Utility room having working surface, plumbing for automatic washing machine, space for freezer, oil fired boiler for domestic hot water and central heating system, trap to loft space, door to rear garden.
* Sitting room having attractive wood burning stove, double doors to orangery.
* A smart orangery built 12 months ago of stone which has uPVC double glazed windows and doors and a tinted glass roof. Electric panel heater, French door to garden, laminate floor.
* Landing with trap to roof space, ladder, light, part boarded and insulated, built-in airing cupboard having hot water cylinder within.
* Two double and one single bedroom, triple wardrobe and telephone point in bedroom one and TV point in bedroom two.
* Smart bathroom with white suite having chrome fixtures and fittings, panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, WC, wash basin.
Outside - * The property stands behind a mixed hardwood hedge, there is a flagged pathway and gravelled area. Gate to side path. To the rear the garden is private and about 55' long. There is a lawn, two patio areas, pergola & decked platform, pathway, flower and shrub beds, path to side of house, outside light, outside tap, wood store.
* At the foot of the garden is a single garage and this can be accessed on foot from the garden by way a of a personal door.
* Brick and tile garage plus off road car parking space approached over a gravelled driveway shared with the adjoining house. The entrance to the driveway is to the left of this house. The garage which is the third from the right hand side has an up and over door, light and power and a loft which is part boarded.
Services - Mains water, electricity and drainage connected. Oil fired boiler is in the utility room.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. Council tax band E (band review pending).
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent's Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45030171.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26586632. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.