7 bedroom semi-detached house for saleThe Old Rectory, Union Street, Harthill, S26 7YG - Incredible home within substantial gardens
- Click the brochure link for the full details
- Please watch the video tour
- An incredible family home deserving an internal viewing
- Standing within fabulous grounds ideal for cultivation
- Providing seven good sized bedrooms
- Coach House and extensive off road parking
- Close to extensive rural countryside and for the motorway network
- Ideal for the discerning purchaser to alter and adapt to their tastes and standards
Set in vast lawned gardens and woodland, this beautiful, 7 bedroom, C18th Century period property offers ideal scope and potential to create a truly stunning individual property. Situated in the centre of the picturesque village of Harthill, immediately adjacent to All Hallows Church, the property was rebuilt C1720 for the 2nd Reverend John Hewitt. Gaining Grade II listed status in 1966 and now being used as a family home.
Built of Ashlar Sandstone under a Westmoreland slate hipped roof, architectural features of the property include raised quoins, bolection moulding and a fine early-C18th Century cantilevered oak staircase with alternate barley-sugar and slender, turned balusters. At its foot a cupboard with linenfold panelling re-used from the old C16th Century Rectory:
Harthill village has the distinction of being the most southerly village and most southerly parish of the county of Yorkshire. Lying close to the M1 motorway, equidistant from junctions 30 and 31, therefore being ideally placed for commuting to Sheffield, Rotherham and Chesterfield, or farther afield, but retaining an old village feel within a vast panorama of countryside. Local shopping facilities can be found in the village along with good local schooling. Nearby Harthill reservoir provides recreational facilities, while for the budding sailor, it is also the home of Rotherham Sailing Club.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45072810.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 7286928. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Morfitt Smith Ltd , Banner Cross. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.